- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
What is Cal Works?
Cal Works (California Works Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids) is a government-funded program which provides support for college students receiving TANF (public assistance) who are studying for a vocational certificate or a degree in a variety of high demand occupational fields.
- Academic, career, and limited personal counseling.
- Career exploration, educational and employment counseling.
- Referral to other financial and supportive services to help you stay in school.
- Develop a manageable schedule that allows you to fulfill your family, school and work needs.
- Coordination and advocacy with your county welfare department
- Help with college cost (by county)
- Eligible students may receive help with books, supplies, tuition, parking and other fees. (by county)
- Employment Services and Development workshops
- On - campus Work Study
- Job placement assistance
Who is eligible for CalWORKs?
- Students receiving cash aid or TANF (Temporary Aid to Needy Families) for themselves and their dependents.
- Plan to work towards one of the following: certificate, associate degree, transfer to a 4 year university, and/or improve employability skills.
- Willing to do a combined 32 activity hours a week of school, work or other approved activities.
How do I know if I'm eligible for CalWORKs?
How do I apply for the CalWORKs program at Moorpark College?
- Your county caseworker may refer you to the Moorpark College CalWORKs office for enrollment or you to schedule an appointment.
- Follow the steps to participate in CalWORKs, click on STEPS
- Please fill out our Interest Form, Click Here Interest Form
The CalWORKs Offices are located SSA 108C/110A
(Across from EOPS/CARE)
FALL Hours: Monday-Wednesday 9:00am-3:00pm
Thursday 9:00am to 4:00pm, Friday By Appointment
Phone: (805) 378-1400 ext. 1889 or 1894
Fax Phone (805)-378-1567