Moorpark College exists to provide equal opportunity to postsecondary education at minimum cost to all who wish to avail themselves of it. Admission to Moorpark College is open to any high school graduate, anyone earning a high school proficiency certificate, or any adult eighteen years of age or older and capable of profiting from instruction. High school juniors and seniors can attend under the High School Admissions Program, provided they have the signed permission of their school principal. The college is truly a model of what a community college should be--an institution meeting the educational and cultural needs of the community it serves. Moorpark College offers 1,500 classes a semester in 70 disciplines, including lower division preparation in a wide variety of transfer majors for the Baccalaureate degree and programs which lead to Associate degrees and Certificates of Achievement. Moorpark College also offers numerous Occupational Majors in areas geared to local and national employment needs and trends.
With a "students first" philosophy, Moorpark College empowers its diverse community of learners to complete their goals for academic transfer, basic skills, and career technical education. Moorpark College integrates instruction and student services, collaborates with industry and educational partners, and promotes a global perspective.
We value a learning environment that embraces innovative thinking, a culture of creativity and excellence through:
- Community: Embrace a shared commitment to the development of relationships among internal and external constituents to foster a culture of student success
- Integrity: Commit to transparency, civility, collegiality, and collaboration in all relationships
- Equity: Recognize and respect individuals and perspectives through equitable access and participation in the campus community
- Dialogue: Foster open and productive communication between all campus and community constituents in evidence-based decision-making
- Access: Create an environment in which the institution responds to the evolving needs of all while using its constituents and technology to enhance human development and connection
- Responsibility: Live a commitment to the well-being of self, others and promoting a culture of service
- Citizenship: Promote purposeful and proactive involvement in a local and global society