Information about the Year of the Economy Events
Final Event for 2010-2011
- Tuesday 4/19 In conjunction with Career Day, the Year of the Economy is sponsoring a presentation by Jacqui Irwin of the Thousand Oaks City Council, "The Budget Crisis and its effect on local government employment." Tuesday 4/19 in the Forum from 12-12:50. Free refreshments will be served.
- 2/1 "Athletes, Academics, and Artists: A Panel of Surprising College to Career Pathways," Tuesday 2/1 @ 7 pm in the Forum.
- 2/16 Faculty Lecture: Michael Walegur, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Department, "The California Economy: From Development to Disaster," Wednesday 2/16 from 12-12:50 in the TV Studio in the Communication Building.
- 3/1 Film Screening: "The End of Poverty," a Cinema Libre Production at 7 pm in the Forum. The director Philippe Diaz will be hosting the screening. Free refreshments will be available before the screening.
- 3/8 Skip Wrightson, LA Catholic Charities, "Guadalupe Community Center: Miracles Happen Here," Tuesday 3/8 from 11:30-12:45 in the Forum.
- 3/21 Brian Smith, Department of Political Science & Law, Montclair State University, "Toward a Moral Economy: The Scottish Enlightenment and the Economy." Monday 3/21 from 12-12:50 in FH-220. Professor Smith is an alumnus of Moorpark College.
- 4/19 3/30 Faculty Lecture: Paul Mattson, Anthropology Department, "Get Rich Quick, Get Poor Fast: The Surplus Economy & the Great Recession." Wednesday 3/30 from 12-12:50 in the TV Studio in the Communication Building.
- Brendan Purdy (Mathematics), Faculty Lecture: Economics, Game Theory, and Evolution, Wednesday September 15 12:00-1:00 pm in the TV studio in the Communications Building.
- Timm Herdt, Ventura County Star columnist, On the Budget and Electorate, Wednesday September 22 1:00-2:00 pm in the Academic Center Room 109.
Rex Edwards (Economics), Narveet Sumal (Business), Ray Zhang (Economics), Faculty Lecture: Bursting of the Bubble: Housing and the Economy, Wednesday October 13 12:00-1:00 pm in the TV studio in the Communications Building.
- The video archive of the presentation.
- Civics Day, Proposition 19 (Marijuana Legalization) Forum Thursday October 14 from 1-2 in the Forum (AA Building). Civic Day events are from 9 am - 2 pm and the primary sponsor is the Associated Students.
- Tom Cotrell, RN, Medical Mission to Haiti, Monday November 1st from 12-1 pm in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) sponsored by Moorpark College Student Nurse Association and the Year of Economy.
- Kathryn Adams (English), The Earth Cries Our for Human Rights: Haiti Ten Months after the Quake, Wednesday Novemeber 17 12:00-1:00 pm in the TV studio in the Communications Building