Want to help the EATM Program?
You can Sponsor an Animal at....
Anyone can sponsor an animal...
Individuals, families, school groups, service organizations, even your company!
- America's Teaching Zoo at Moorpark College houses over 150 different animals of more than 90 species.
- Many of these animals are endangered in the wild, while others have been permanently disabled or otherwise could not survive on their own.
- This outstanding animal collection is utilized in the instruction of students in the Exotic Animal Training and Management (EATM) Program.
- The EATM Program was established in 1974, and is the only college program of its kind in the United States.
- The students learn the most modern methods of animal care, nutrition, and behavior modification.
- The students also learn how to do educational presentations featuring the animals.
- Each year, more than 15,000 school children visit the Wildlife Theater where they learn to appreciate and understand wildlife.
You can become an important part of America's Teaching Zoo's conservation efforts through our "Sponsor an Animal" program. Help provide food, health care and housing for your favorite animal for one year. It is very expensive to operate the Exotic Animal Training and Management Program. The cost just to feed the animals at the Teaching Zoo is more than $65,000 per year. You can help by participating in the Sponsor-An-Animal Program.
Whether you choose a local animal, one from a far off land, or even a rare or endangered animal, you make an impact. All of the animals at America's Teaching Zoo need specialized diets, daily supervision, inoculations and creature comforts to enhance their life. Sponsor fees help cover the costs of complete animal care, and they are tax-deductible.
When you sponsor an animal, you become a Wildlife Sponsor, or you can give the sponsorship as a gift. Either way, you show support for America's Teaching Zoo, and demonstrate your genuine love for the animal kingdom.
Your sponsored animal, of course, remains at the zoo, receiving the very best care possible.
Become a Wildlife Sponsor by sponsoring an animal today, and help us care for these wonderful animals.
You'll be glad you did.
How to Sponsor an animal and become a Wildlife Sponsor!
- Make a donation to help pay for the care and feeding of the animal of your choice for 1 year.
(refer to the price list below).
You will receive:
- A sponsorship certificate.
- A fact sheet about your animal.
- A color photograph of your animal
- The privilege to visit your animal one Saturday or Sunday each month at the Teaching Zoo. We do appointments to see specific animals - you must call a week in advance to set up an appointment. Appointment times are: 11:00am, 11:30am, 3:00pm & 3:30pm.
Sponshorships can even be given as gifts!
Sponsor a fox for your girlfriend, a graceful falcon for a dance recital, a water buffalo for your boss,
a donkey for your diet partner, a serval for a marathoner or a slow tortoise for your......?
The possibilities are endless. Use your imagination and surprise your friends, family and co-workers with a gift like no other.
For any occasion.
Recipients of gift sponsorships are entitled to all the joy and benefits of being a wildlife sponsor listed above.
Sponsor materials may be sent to you or directly to the lucky recipient.
Choose your favorite animal.... and become a Wildlife Sponsor Today!
Applying is easy... just select your favorite animal from the list, complete the sponsorship application, return it to the Teaching Zoo, and we'll take care of the rest!
Due to popularity, some animals may have more than one sponsor.
If you have any questions, please call America's Teaching Zoo at; (805) 378-1441
Complete the sponsorship application below and return it, with payment to:
America's Teaching Zoo
ATTN: Sponsor an Animal Program
7075 Campus Road
Moorpark, CA 93021-1695
Click below to open the sponsor form...
We are continuously adding new animals available for sponsorship.
Please check back again soon!
NOTE - Ocassionally animals pass away, or are relocated to other facilities. When this happens we will apply your sponsorship to similar animals in our collection. Thank you for your understanding.
America's Teaching Zoo and The Exotic Animal Training and Management Program are part of Moorpark College, a non-profit public educational institution.
All sponsorships and donations are tax-deductible.
We can provide a written receipt for any donations made. (Please give us several days notice)
Please call us at (805) 378-1441 to make any donation.