- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Application forms can be found under the Forms section of this website.
It is recommended that you make an appointment with a counselor if you have questions regarding course equivalency for prerequisites not taken at Moorpark College. Any questions pertaining to the application process please refer to our website or call at 805-378-1433.
Applications to the Radiologic Technology Program are accepted once a year:
- February 1st- March 15th
Submission of your applications can be done by doing one of the following:
- Hand deliver to the Department Office in Health Science Center (HSC) 120 or
- Mail your application postmarked by March 15th to
Health Sciences Department
7075 Campus Road
Moorpark, CA 93021
Please make sure to include the following items:
- The Radiologic Technology Program Application
- ALL Official (sealed) transcripts from each college attended (including Moorpark, Oxnard and Ventura Colleges) (all courses taken for credit and no credit must be included even if not part of the major)
**All paperwork should be placed in a 9x12 envelope, with your name, clearly written on the outside.
Processing of applications takes approximately 4 - 6 months; you will not be contacted during this time.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.5 or better in all college coursework
- Applicants MUST complete the prerequisite courses PRIOR to submitting an application. Please refer to Curriculum Guide page for list of prerequisite courses.
- It is the student's responsibility to check all prerequisites.
Qualified applicants will receive a status letter indicating their waitlist number. The Radiologic Technology Program accepts students once a year; the program starts in June. Please be advised that currently it is approximately a 2 year waiting period.
You will receive an acceptance letter by certified mail one semester prior to entering the program. Someone must be present to sign for certified mail. If no one is available for signature, a note will be left for post office pick up. Take note of the Important Dates handout that is included with your acceptance letter.
Return the enclosed acceptance slip by the due date. If the office does not receive your slip by the due date, your seat will be given to the next waitlist candidate, and you will have to reapply.
Acceptance into the program is contingent on clearance of a health appraisal, drug screen, and background check that goes back seven years.
The Mandatory Open House
A mandatory Open House will be held during the semester prior to your start date. You must attend this event. This allows you to meet your fellow classmates and the Radiology faculty. During this event you will be given your admission packet, which contains information on all admission requirements. You must attend the Mandatory Open House to receive your admission packet. Do not start on admission requirements until you have been notified of your acceptance, since these must be done no more than four months prior to starting class.
The Admission Packet includes information on the following:
- Health Appraisal (physical exam, immunization record)
- Background and Drug Screen
- CPR Card requirements and providers
- Los Angeles County Fire Safety Card
- Photo ID Badges (obtained at Moorpark College)
- Textbook list
- Classes to register for
Sometimes acceptance to the Radiologic Technology Program at Moorpark College conflicts with circumstances beyond the student's control. A student who is accepted to the Radiologic Technology Program may defer entry once due to extenuating circumstances. Request for deferral must be presented to the Health Sciences Department in writing, to the attention of the Radiologic Technology Director. Each case is decided on an individual basis, and all decisions are final.