- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
All VCCCD email accounts are accessible via webmail at http://www.vcccd.net/mail.
There are currently two versions of webmail in use at the VCCCD - DWA ( Domino Web Access ) and Standard.
This is the version that is selected by default when a new account is created. System Requirements:
- Windows XP or Windows XP Professional
- Windows 2000 or Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows 98
- Windows NT, Version 4.0
- Red Hat 7.2 or 8.0
- SuSE 8.0 (United Linux 1.0)
- Intel Pentium® II 400MHz processor or higher
- 256MB memory
- Internet Explorer, Version 5.5 and above
- Firefox 1.04 and above
Please note: DWA uses pop-up windows for many functions and if you have not set your pop-up blocking software to allow for this, it will appear that nothing is happening when you click the New Message, Reply, etc. buttons. The best thing to do is simply set your pop-up blocker software to allow anything from vcccd.net.
Also Note: If you encounter any "Security Warning" pop-up messages, you will need to answer in the affirmative so that webmail will function properly:
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, a small bar just below the browser url/location field will appear with the message: "This website wants to run the following add-on: 'Domino Web Access ......' from 'IBM Corporation....".
- Click on the bar, and then click on the "Run ActiveX Control" option.
- You will then be prompted with another warning: " Do you want to run this ActiveX control"?
- Select the "Run" option.
After this is installed, another ActiveX control may need to be installed. Simply repeat the steps above.
If you are using Mozilla Firefox, a pop-up message box will
appear: "A Script from 'International Business Machines Corporation' is
- Check the "Remember This Decision" box.
- Then click the "Allow" button.
This version of webmail has less features than DWA but because of this it is more compatible with most operating system/web browser combinations and is better when using dial-up internet connections than DWA.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, Version 6.x on Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT and Windows 98 operating systems
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, Version 5.x on Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows 98 and Windows 95 operating systems
- Netscape Navigator, Version 4.7x on Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows 98 and Windows 95 operating systems
- Netscape Navigator, Version 4.7x on Macintosh OS 9 and OS X, Versions 10.1 and 10.2
- Netscape Navigator, Version 4.7 on Red Hat operating system, Version 7.2
Please note: Standard webmail uses a java
applet toolbar that contains the action buttons that allow you to Create
Messages, Delete Messages, etc. Please see this
webpage for help with toolbar problems.
Standard webmail Features and Help
You have the option to change the version of webmail you are using anytime you wish. Simply login to your account at http://www.vcccd.net/mail. Once you login, the "Loading..." your mail file page will appear. At the top-right of this page is the "Personal Options" link. Clicking this link will bring up the webmail selection page. Note: it is not necessary to click this each time...only if you want to change your webmail version.
The Personal Options page will have a list of three options:
- DWA Inbox Portal ( a version of DWA that only displays email unlike the full DWA which also displays calendar, journal, etc. )
Simply make your choice from the list and click the submit