First Appointment

What do I Bring to My First CalWORKs Counseling Appointment?

The first counseling appointment at Moorpark College CalWORKs Program is very important.

To better help you; you will need to:

  1.  Schedule an appointment to meet with your county CalWORKs worker and get a referral
  2.  Request a copy of your current WTW plan
  3.  Request copy of current proof of aid, passport for services, or verification of benefits  (may be called different in each county Department of Social Services)

Once all documents are gathered, you will need to:

  1. Complete an admissions college application (Computers are available at the CalWORKs office)
  2. Do a college orientation
  3. Complete the English and Math Assessment
  4. Schedule a College CalWORKs counseling appointment by going to the college CalWORKs office in  SSA 107A or calling (805) 553-4055

Note: When you schedule an appointment, it is your responsibility to write your appointment's day and time in your planner or cell phone's calendar as you may not receive a reminder call

Important: You must bring a copy of your current Welfare To Work (WTW) activity plan verification of benefits (cash aid) to your counseling appointment