Welcome to Moorpark College’s Online Counseling service! We are still in the process of developing our service. At this time, our Online Counselor will be able to answer your general/topical questions regarding your educational and academic goals. Student-specific questions (e.g., transcript evaluations, graduation checks, etc.), which require accessing your student records and other online capabilities are being developed.
Our Online Counseling services do not include Psychological Services. If you are in need of these services, please contact Moorpark College’s Health Services at (805) 378-1413.
- Information transmitted through our Online Counseling services and email correspondence is not encrypted for security.
- Technological failures may occur, which may affect transmission of Online Counseling services and email correspondence.
- Response time is usually within 72 hours, but could be up to a week during peak times. Weekends, Moorpark College recognized holidays, and non-session days/periods are exempt. Students will be notified if the question submitted will require an extended response time.
- Student questions and/or emails may be referred to the appropriate Moorpark department or staff.
- The Online Counselor may refer students to walk-in counseling appointments if deemed necessary.
- By submitting a question or email correspondence to the Online Counselor, the student is acknowledging the disclaimers listed.
*Please Note: As of Thursday, March 17, 2016, this account will not monitored until Tuesday, March 29, 2016. If you submit a question during this time, please expect a delay in a response. Thank you for understanding.
The Moorpark College Counseling Office is now offering limited video counseling appointments.
Video counseling sessions are ideal for distance education students or those who are unable to travel to campus for in-person counseling appointments.
Video counseling is not a good fit for students who:
-are not Moorpark College students
-are not familiar with computer basics or lack a computer with working webcam, microphone, or speakers
-need psychological/personal counseling
- have attended a school outside of the Ventura County Community College District (Moorpark, Oxnard, Ventura) and have not submitted official transcripts
You will need a computer with a broadband internet connection and a webcam, microphone, and working speakers.
Steps for requesting a video counseling appointment:
- Log in to your MyVCCCD portal to access your my.vcccd.edu email account.
- Send a request for video counseling from your school email address to email@example.com. Your request must include the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Student ID # (900…)
- The reason for your appointment
- Your availability on the days/times below that you are available to meet via video counseling
|9:30 am - 12:30 pm||2:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
Your request must come from your MyVCCCD email account (no exceptions). Any requests from outside email addresses will receive an automatic reply directing them to the MyVCCCD portal.
Once we receive your request, you will receive a confirmation reply stating the specific time of your video counseling appointment. The day of your appointment you will receive a reminder email to your MyVCCCD email account, along with a link to join the google “hangout” program for your video counseling session. Please note that you will need a personal Gmail account (separate from your MyVCCCD email account) to access the video counseling platform.
Please note that participating in Google Hangout counseling discussions is a service of convenience offered to students, but in no way guarantees confidentiality beyond what the normal parameters the Google Hangout service offers. Please see Google Hangout disclaimers for more info.