Welcome Veterans and Thank You for your service!
In addition to the Veteran Educational Benefit programs, the Federal Student Aid programs such as the Federal Pell Grant or low-interest student loans are also available. Veterans benefits are not used to determine need so all veterans are encouraged to apply for the variety of Moorpark College federal and state financial aid programs. It’s free to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Are you the spouse, child or registered domestic partner of a veteran?
You may qualify for fee waiver benefits. If you meet the criteria listed below, complete the California Department of Veterans Affairs college fee waiver program for veterans dependents application at: www.calvet.ca.gov
- served during the "qualifying war period" and
- has a service-connected disability, or
- died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition
* Please note dependents of a member of the California National Guard who was killed or permanently disabled while in service to the state may be eligible for similar benefits.
New GI Bill Benefits
New GI Bill Eligibility
New GI BIll
Active Military Service and Education Loan Deferments
The borrower of an education loan, may be eligible to postpone repayment of that loan for up to three ( 3 ) years if serving on active duty during—
- a war or other military operation,
- a national emergency, or
- if performing qualifying National Guard duty under the same circumstances.
Note: For PLUS Loans, only principal is deferred – interest continues to accrue.
To see if your service qualifies you for a deferment of your loan payments, contact—
- your lender and/or your loan servicing agency and request a military deferment or forbearance
- the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
For additional information, visit the following Web sites: