Each spring semester, the Associated Students of Moorpark College (ASMC) has the privilege of awarding scholarships to fellow MC students! This year, ASMC awards the Students with an Impact Scholarship to MC students who enrich student life at Moorpark College with their commitment to excellence in academics, leadership, and campus involvement. A total of five (5) students will be awarded a scholarship of $1,000 each.
Please contact ASMC Director of Academic Affairs Simran Singh with any questions you may have about eligibility requirements (email@example.com), or contact Maria Perez-Medeiros of the MC Scholarships Office if you have questions about the application process (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Moorpark College (MC) students are encouraged to apply for this scholarship if they:
- Have completed at least 12 units at MC over the course of the last two semesters;
- Have earned a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher at MC;
- Are currently enrolled in a minimum of 9 units at MC for Spring 2018; and
- Have made a positive difference on campus through involvement with student organizations, academic or student service units, or through academics.
How to apply:
In addition to completing the Students with an Impact Scholarship application (available in person in the MC Scholarships Office, located in Fountain Hall), interested students are also asked to include the following required documents:
- A one-page personal statement. The document should describe your campus involvement outside of the classroom, such as student leadership in student organizations or other campus activities, which have enriched your educational experience at Moorpark College. Explain how they will assist in your future endeavors. Font size and line spacing is up to the discretion of the applicant, though we ask that it be no more than one page in length.
- A copy of your resume. Your resume should be no more than two pages in length, and it should include: any participation in student leadership, student organizations and/or campus involvement while attending Moorpark College; any achievements or special distinctions you have earned while attending Moorpark College; and any professional experience you think is relevant to include.
- One letter of recommendation. We ask that the letter be from a Moorpark College staff or faculty member, ideally from someone whose statement can support your personal statement.
- One copy of your current, unofficial transcript. Unofficial transcripts are available to students with ID through the Moorpark College Admissions & Records Office, which is located on the 1st floor of Fountain Hall. Course information downloaded from DegreeWorks will not be accepted.
Applicants who fail to include any of the aforementioned documents will be disqualified for consideration.
The Students with an Impact Scholarship application is due to the Scholarship Office by Monday, March 19, 2018 for primary consideration. Only hard-copy applications are accepted at this time, and they can be picked up from the MC Scholarships Office. The Scholarships Office reserves the right to extend the deadline; however, there is no guarantee of this happening, so students are urged to get it in by March 11. Additional information about this or other scholarship opportunities is available in the Scholarships Office, located on the 2nd floor of Fountain Hall, next to the Financial Aid Office.