Download and install the SeaMonkey® application suite.
Creating a Web Page
- Launch SeaMonkey and go to Windows > Composer. (Composer is the HTML editor included in the SeaMonkey suite).
- Composer is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, so you can start typing your content just as you would in a word processing program.
- Use the toolbars at the top of the browser to edit your page, link to other pages, and insert elements like tables and images.
- Use the Preview tab at the bottom of the browser to see what your web page will look like before publishing it to the internet.
Saving a Web Page
- Click the Save button in the toolbar at the top of the browser.
- When prompted, enter a title (e.g. Moorpark Faculty Home Page), and click the OK button.
- Browse to the desired location on your computer, and save the file as home.html (this must be the name of your home page; subsequent pages can be named as you desire...as long the file names don't contain spaces).
- This saves the page to your local computer. To put a web page on the internet, you must upload it.