The Moorpark College CalWORKs program provides assistance to continuing or new students who are receiving TANF/CalWORKs (Cash Aid) benefits.
What services does CalWORKs provide?
- Academic Counseling, Priority Registration, Welfare to Work Advocacy and workshops for personal and professional development.
- Liaison with county social services regarding welfare-to-work plans and mandated hours, referrals to on-off campus programs and community based-services.
- On campus work-study opportunities while pursuing an educational goal. Students gain valuable work-based knowledge and skills.
- Transportation and educational supplies assistance.
- Additional services include career and personal counseling and a safe and confidential environment for welfare-to-work transitional students.
Who is eligible for CalWORKs?
- Students receiving cash aid or TANF (Temporary Aid to Needy Families) for themselves and their dependents.
- Plan to work towards one of the following: certificate, associate degree, transfer to a 4 year university, and/or improve employability skills.
- Willing to complete approved weekly activity hours (school, work-study, etc.)
How do I know if I'm eligible for CalWORKs?
- Eligibility can be determined by contacting your county case worker.
- Develop a welfare to work plan (WTW) with your case worker that refers you to college for education and training.
- Ventura County Human Services Agency at 805-955-2282
- Los Angeles County Public Social Services at 1-866-613-3777
How do I apply for the CalWORKs program at Moorpark College?
- Once you have determined that you will be attending Moorpark College follow the steps to participate in CalWORKs, click on STEPS.
The CalWORKs Office is located at Student Service Annex (SSA) 107A.
- Hours: Monday & Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 8:00am to 7:00pm and Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm.
- Phone: (805) 553-4055
- Fax: (805) 378-1521
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org