The Moorpark College Math Center is located on the third floor of the Library and Learning Resource Building (LLR), adjacent to the Writing Center. The Math Center is part of The Learning Center. The services provided by the Math Center are as follows:
- Drop-in for Mathematics and Science (Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, and Physics) as well as Economics and Accounting.
- Workshops and Study Sessions
- Materials: Books, Videos (CD-Rom, DVD, and VHS)
- PLATO software
For a list of pre-transfer and transfer level Math courses available at Moorpark College, please visit the Mathematics department.
Fall 2017 Math Center Hours (Revised 09/05/17):
Monday-Thursday: 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon
Saturday, Sunday: CLOSED
Because of recent budget constraints, we are now open one hour later M-F. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Phone: 805-378-1556
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Office: LLR-322
Please note that the Math Center cannot provide any contact information about their tutors or referrals for the purposes of "private tutoring".
- Tutoring Schedules
- Workshop & Study Session Descriptions and Schedules
- Plato Software
- Videos, Handouts and Study Guides
- About the Staff
Math Center Learning Outcomes:
In support of the aims of Mathematics and Science students at Moorpark College, the Math Center prepares students to:
- Identify their individual strengths and weaknesses in the targeted subject area
- Use the resources available to support their acquisition of the skills necessary to succeed in college level Mathematics and Science courses.
- Comprehend, analyze, and integrate material that is appropriate to the discipline
- Apply strategies for reading comprehension and study skills necessary to succeed in college courses