PREREQUISITE CLEARANCE ONLINE REQUEST FORM
A prerequisite is “a condition of enrollment that a student is required to meet in order to demonstrate current readiness for enrollment in a course or educational program. The prerequisite ensures that students will achieve skills or knowledge necessary for success in a course of program” (Moorpark College Catalog, 2016-2017, pg. 107).
In order to meet a pre-requisite, a student must demonstrate at least a C or better or P (Pass) in the required preparation courses. Course prerequisites are listed in the College Catalog and on the Schedule of Classes. Click on the 5-digit CRN or Pre/Coreq link for the course that you would like to enroll in.
“Some prerequisites are required by state statute or regulation. Prerequisites on transferable courses are often determined by four year-institutions which may require specific prerequisites in order to award credit for these courses” (Moorpark College Catalog, 2016-2017, pg. 107)
If you would like more information, please see "Prerequisite Information" link on the left-hand column.
Steps to Request Prerequisite Clearance Online
- Review the prerequisite for your course that you plan to enroll
- Complete the online form below
- You will be directed to a confirmation page
- Follow the instructions within the confirmation page and email your documentation showing how you meet the prerequisite for your course that you would like to enroll in
Please note: Courses shown on a transcript as "In Progress" from high school or colleges outside our district will not be accepted, a grade of C or better must be posted on the transcript. The student’s first and last name must appear on the attached documentation to verify the record belongs to the student.
*This is just a request and we may follow up with you for additional information. If we are not able to grant your request, we will follow up with you to provide information on how to complete your prerequisite.
Students will be contacted via your college email or phone when the prerequisite(s) has been cleared.
Students can submit this form in-person by clicking on the Prerequisite Clearance Request Form. This is a fill-able pdf form which can be submitted to the Counseling Office in FH 120. You do NOT need to submit both an online and paper request.
- Information transmitted through our prerequisite clearance request and email correspondence is not encrypted for security.
- Technological failures may occur, which may affect transmission of prerequisite services and email correspondence.
- Response time is usually within 72 hours, but could be up to a week during peak times. Weekends, Moorpark College recognized holidays, and non-session days/periods are exempt. Students will be notified if the request submitted will require an extended response time.
- Student questions and/or emails may be referred to the appropriate Moorpark department or staff.
- Students may be referred to walk-in counseling appointments if deemed necessary.
- By submitting a question or email correspondence to prerequisite clearance request, the student is acknowledging the disclaimers listed.