- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
- AB540 - Dream Act
- Contact Us
- Cost of Attendance
- Disbursement Information
- Fee Waiver (BOG)
- Financial Aid Counseling sessions
- Financial Aid Home
- Financial Aid Process
- Foster Youth
- Gainful Employment Eligible Programs
- Important Dates
- IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Licensure Exam
- MyVCCCD Portal - Financial Aid Channel
- Community Resources
- Repeated Courses
- Return to Title IV (R2T4)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Student Loans
Board of Governors Fee Waiver
This program determines if you qualify to have your enrollment fees waived for registration of your classes. This FEE WAIVER is for California residents only. If you need money to help with books, supplies, transportation and other costs, you must also complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). It's OK to file both a BOGW and a FAFSA. We will let you know if you qualify for an automatic BOGW FEE WAIVER. Even if you do NOT qualify using the simple BOGW method, you should file a FAFSA. Many, many students do not qualify under BOGW Method A or B, but still qualify for a BOGW Method C fee waiver and additional financial aid by filing the FAFSA.
To qualify for the BOGW Program, you must:
- Be a California resident, and
- Meet the qualifying income standards for one of the BOGW methods below
- BOGW Method "A" - You, or your parents if applicable, must be currently receiving benefits from CalWORKs, TANF, SSI/SSP, or General Relief. Bring proof of your benefits to the Financial Aid Office.
- BOGW Method "B" - You, and your parents if applicable, must meet the following income standards for the school year in which you are applying, based upon your Total Family Income. Your income must be equal to or less than the amount indicated for your household size.
INCOME STANDARDS FOR
2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
FALL 2013, SPRING 2014, SUMMER 2014
|Number in Family Household||Total Family Income (2012)|
|Each Additional Family Member||$5,940|
|Effective July 1, 2013|
NOTE: This income schedule is updated every school year.
BOGW Method "C" - You, and your parents if applicable, must have already applied for and have been determined to have at least $1,104 of financial need by filing a FAFSA. No BOGW application is required for Method "C", your eligibility is based upon your Student Aid Report (FAFSA).
These standards are based upon the federal poverty guidelines as published each year by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Under Title 5 of the California code of Regulations, the income standards for the BOGW program equal 150% of the federal poverty guidelines for the base year.
These standards are to be used to determine BOGFW-B eligibility.