- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
International Student Admission Requirements
The Community Colleges of Ventura County welcome your application as an international student, and our staff will make every effort to assist you. Our admission requirements conform to the regulations of the U.S. government for issuing F-1 student visas. If you have a question in completing this form, please contact Maureen Rauchfuss, International Student Advisor at (805) 378-1414, or by email at email@example.com.
To be accepted for admission as an international student at the Community Colleges of Ventura County, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English at a level that will allow you to successfully complete college work. To verify your level, we ask that you complete the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a score of 450/133 or show proof of other satisfactory evidence of English level. This requirement is waived if you come from a country that uses English as the primary language in its educational system. Students transferring from an intensive English language school will have the same requirement, or an English level per an agreement already in existence with the language school.
Requirements for I-20 and Admissions: You need to complete all of the requirements before we can approve your application. This is your checklist to make sure you have submitted all required documents.
1. Complete and return the Community Colleges of Ventura County International Student Application attached.
2. A letter in English (approximately one page) that describes your education, special interests, reason for applying to one of the Community Colleges of Ventura County, and your educational goals after completing your studies.
3. Proof of TOEFL with a score of 450/133 or other satisfactory evidenc of English level. After arrival, assessment tests will be administered to assist you in your program planning and course selection.
4. Official Translated Transcripts - Transcripts of all high schools and colleges previously attended. Must be in English.
5. A $50 check or money order is a processing fee required with your application. Submit the nonrefundable check or money order made payable to the college of your choice. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH.
6. A bank statement, letter from a bank official confirming your sponsor's financial standing or a statement from a government agency granting the support to show proof that you have sufficient financial support to pay tuition, fees, and living expenses for one year. We estimate this cost to range from $13,000 - $17,000. (See detailed information on back of this page.) You must enroll in a minimum of 12 units as a condition of your F-1 visa.
7. A personal letter of reference from a school instructor, administrator, employer or other.
If you are currently attending another college, university and/or other institutions in the United States, you must also submit the following:
A transfer clearance form completed by the school you are currently attending.
Important Health Insurance Information: In the U. S., health care is extremely expensive, and there are no free medical facilities. The Community Colleges of Ventura County require coverage for health and accident insurance for all International Students (F-1 Visa). If you have insurance, you need to provide the name of your insurance company, policy number, expiration date and policy coverage limits in English. If you do not have health insurance coverage, you must obtain insurance in the U.S. upon arrival at the college and prior to your enrollment. Information is available for you in the International Student Office at each college.
Important Health Information:
When traveling from country to country, a student may be exposed to different diseases. The Community Colleges of Ventura County encourage immunization of the following types: Tetanus, Measles and Rubella. We strongly recommend that you complete this immunization before entering the U.S. The Tuberculosis Test is required prior to or at the time of enrollment. If you wish to take the Tuberculosis Test after you arrive in the U.S., contact the college International Student Office.
Guardian Statement for International Application:
The Community Colleges of Ventura County require that students who are under the age of 18 have a guardian over the age of 21 living in Ventura County. In the event of a personal emergency, accident, illness or incarceration, the State of California will require the signature of a guardian before offering assistance such as hospitalization or legal councel. The Community Colleges of Ventura County are not permitted to act in place of the parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 18, you are required to have your parent submit a signed statement informing the Community Colleges of Ventura County who will be assigned as your guardian. The statement must include the name, address, telephone number and age of the guardian.
To fill out our online application form, please click on the button below.