**Applications will be accepted April 4, 2018 - May 3, 2018**
Students who complete the Optical Technology program will be provided the essential knowledge and skills to fabricate, fit, and dispense eyeglasses and contact lenses in manufacturing, retail, and professional vision care settings.
The Optical Technology Program is a two year associate of science (AS) degree career preparation program. The program prepares students for the American Board of Opticianry (ABO) and National Contact Lens Examiners (NCLE) examination to be licensed as an Optician. Students must complete the prerequisites, core optical technology, and general education courses to earn the AS degree.
Dr. Carol Higashida (805) 378-1459
INTERIM HEALTH SCIENCES COORDINATOR:
Christina Lee, Phone (805) 378-1433
M. Ruby Garcia
Save the Date
May 8, 2018 - Mandatory New Student Orientation
**Applications will be accepted starting April 4, 2018-May 3, 2018**
Application form can be found under the Forms section of this website.
Applications to the Optical Technology Program are accepted once every other year:
- Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm ONLY
- Applications are NOT received on Fridays
Submission of your applications can be done by doing one of the following:
- Hand deliver to the Department Office in Health Science Center (HSC) 120 or
- Mail your application to be received by 12:00 noon on May 3rd to
Health Sciences Department
7075 Campus Road
Moorpark, Ca 93021
It is highly recommended that applicants hand deliver their applications to the Health Sciences Department Office in HSC 120. If the application due date falls on a weekend, or a holiday, the application will be due in the Health Sciences Department (HSC 120) by 12:00 noon on the next business day.
Please make sure to include the following items:
- Completed Optical Technology Program Application
- ALL official (sealed) transcripts from each high school and college attended (including Moorpark, Oxnard and Ventura Colleges) (all courses taken for credit and no credit must be included even if not part of the major)
- Official Advanced Placement (AP) scores from College Board
- ALL course descriptions from the specific college catalog where the course was taken (prerequisites only) if outside the Ventura County Community College District. Please print the actual page from the college catalog of the semester and year you took the course. Do not cut and paste onto a Word document. College catalogs can be found on each college's website.
**All paperwork must be placed in a 9x12 envelope, with your name clearly written on the outside.**