Check out our recorded Counseling Video Chat from Thursday July 6th!
Click link to access: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I69oDFBjRkI
Request Video Counseling Appointment
Video counseling appointments will not be available during the summer. Please check back with us starting August 1, 2018 for availability.
The Moorpark College Counseling Office is now offering video counseling appointments.
Video counseling sessions are ideal for distance education students or those who are unable to travel to campus for in-person counseling appointments.
Video counseling is not a good fit for students who:
-are not Moorpark College students
-are not familiar with computer basics or lack a computer with working webcam, microphone, or speakers
-need psychological/personal counseling
- have attended a school outside of the Ventura County Community College District (Moorpark, Oxnard, Ventura) and have not submitted official transcripts
You will need a computer with a broadband internet connection, webcam, microphone, and working speakers. Our video counseling appointments are conducted via Zoom. Test your connection here.
Steps for requesting a video counseling appointment:
- Log in to your MyVCCCD portal to access your my.vcccd.edu email account.
- Send a request for video counseling from your school email address to email@example.com. Your request must include the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Student ID # (900…)
- The reason for your appointment
- Your availability on the days/times below that you are available to meet via video counseling
|Monday & Thursday||Tuesday & Wednesday|
|8:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)||8:00 am - 7:00 pm (PST)|
Your request must come from your MyVCCCD email account (no exceptions). Any requests from outside email addresses will receive an automatic reply directing them to the MyVCCCD portal.
Once we receive your request, you will receive a confirmation reply stating the specific time of your video counseling appointment. The day of your appointment you will receive a reminder email to your MyVCCCD email account, along with a link for your video counseling session.
Please note that participating in Zoom counseling discussions is a service of convenience offered to students, but in no way guarantees confidentiality beyond what the normal parameters the Zoom service offers.