Admissions Process for AB 540 (DREAM) Act Students

As a new or returning student, you will need to complete the necessary steps in order to successfully become a Moorpark Raider.  The information on the Steps for New Students will guide you through the application process.

Step 1: Complete all general new student steps.  Note: When completing the Moorpark College online application for admission, you will be asked to provide your citizenship status information. 

  1. If you identify as a DACA recipient student, use your DACA Social Security number, and under the citizenship section select “other.” For visa type, select “other.” Then, enter the DACA issue and expiration dates.
  2. If you identify as an undocumented student, under the citizenship section select “other.” Then, under visa type, select "other" or “no documents."

Step 2: Determine whether you have been classified as a non-resident from your acceptance email (where you first got your 900# Student ID).  If you have your fees would be higher than expected.  If this is the case, you may still be eligible to either (1) be reclassified as a CA resident or (2) have your non-resident tuition waived.

1. To be reclassified as a CA resident, submit the  Residency Reclassification Request to the Admissions & Records office. This petition will require supporting documentation and should only be submitted if you meet all of the following criteria:

  • You currently hold an immigration status (like DACA) that is eligible to establish California residency and you have had (or applied for) that status at least 366 days prior to the start of the term.
  • You have been physically present in California with the intent to make California your home for other than a temporary purpose at least a year days prior to the start of the term.

2. If you don’t meet the above mentioned criteria, you may still be eligible to have your non-resident tuition waived.  Submit the ​California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request: AB540 Affidavit along with your high school transcript to the Admissions & Records office.

Step 3: If you meet the criteria for AB540 and have had your non-resident tuition waived, apply for financial aid by submitting the CA Dream Act Application online.

Step 4: Meet with a counselor if you have further questions and check out the resources and information on this website.