How to Declare/Update your Major

Declaring a Major

Undecided/undeclared is not an eligible Major to receive financial aid. As a financial aid student, you must be enrolled in an eligible course of study leading to a(n)

  • Associate Degree,
  • Certificate of Achievement, or
  • Transfer to a four-year institution.

How to update your Major and/or Educational Goal on MyVCCCD:

If you have chosen undecided/undeclared as your major, please log-on to your MyVCCCD account to update your Major at:

1. Log on to MyVCCCD


2. Click on the “My College” Tab


 3. Go to the “My Student Records” portal (located in the left side of your screen) and click on “Update College, Program and Goal”


4. Click the drop down arrow “Select a Term” to select current term (eg. Spring 2020) then click “Submit”.


5. To declare an eligible Major/Ed Goal, click on the drop down list and select an eligible Major/Ed Goal.


6. Click submit when finished