Each spring semester, the Associated Students of Moorpark College (ASMC) has the privilege of awarding scholarships to fellow MC students! This year, ASMC awards the Students with an Impact Scholarship to students who enrich student life at Moorpark College or within their communities with their commitment to excellence in academics, leadership, campus involvement, volunteerism, or civic engagement. A total of eight (8) students will be awarded a scholarship of $1,250 each.
Please contact ASMC Director of Academic Affairs Ashley Avakian with any questions you may have about eligibility requirements for the Students with an Impact Scholarship (ASMCAcademicAffairs@vcccd.edu). You can also contact Maria Perez-Medeiros of the MC Scholarships Office if you have questions about the application process (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Moorpark College (MC) students are encouraged to apply for this scholarship if they:
- Have completed at least 12 units at MC over the course of the last two semesters;
- Have earned a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher at MC;
- Are currently enrolled in a minimum of 9 units at MC for Spring 2019; and
- Have made a positive difference in their community (on- and/or off-campus) through involvement with student organizations, volunteer work, employment, or through academics.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to completing the Students with an Impact Scholarship application (hard-copies available in person at the MC Scholarships Office, located in Fountain Hall, or at the Student Activities Office in the Campus Center), interested students are also asked to include the following four (4) required documents:
- A one-page personal statement. The document should describe your campus involvement outside of the classroom, such as student leadership in student organizations or other on- or off-campus activities, which have enriched your educational experience at MC. Explain how they will assist in your future endeavors. Font size and line spacing is up to the discretion of the applicant, though we ask that it be no more than one page in length.
- A copy of your resume. Your resume should be no more than two pages in length, and it should include: any participation in on- or off-campus leadership opportunities while attending MC; any achievements or special distinctions you have earned while attending MC; and any professional or volunteer experience you think is relevant to include.
- One letter of recommendation. We ask that the letter be from a previous or current: MC faculty or staff member; employer; volunteer supervisor; or athletics coach. Ideally, the recommender's statement can support your personal statement.
- One copy of your current, unofficial transcript. Unofficial transcripts are available to students with ID through the Moorpark College Admissions & Records Office, which is located on the 1st floor of Fountain Hall. Course information downloaded from DegreeWorks will not be accepted.
Applicants who fail to include any of the aforementioned documents will be disqualified for consideration.
The Students with an Impact Scholarship application is due in hard-copy form to the Scholarship Office by Friday, March 1, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.. Additional information about this or other scholarship opportunities is available in the Scholarships Office, located on the 2nd floor of Fountain Hall, next to the Financial Aid Office.
Only hard-copy applications are accepted at this time, Students can download and fill out the application form here, or pick up hard-copies from the Scholarship Office or the Student Activities Office.