Welcome to the Moorpark College Career Transfer Center.
Throughout the year, the Career Transfer Center hosts several events.
- Career Week - Industry Panels, Career Development Workshops, Career & Internship Expo (March 12- March 16, 2018)
- Career & Internship Expo - Occurs during the Spring semester (March 14, 2018)
- Workshops for Careers
- Workshops for University Applications
- Workshops for Transferring to CSU & UC schools
- Common Application login assistance
- University/College Fairs
- University Representative Appointments & Workshops
- University Tours
- Transfer Day (August 30, 2018-Raider Walk)
- Transfer Social-this takes place during the Spring Semester
* Transfer Social
At the end of Spring Semester our annual Transfer Social takes place! This event takes place typically in May for all students to celebrate students who are transferring to universities. The Social takes place on Raider Walk & the Quad and is a great opportunity to meet with university representatives and network with other students who are transferring as well. This year the event is scheduled for MAY 3rd!
* Transfer Day
The Career Transfer Center hosts a campus Transfer Day during the Fall Semester out on Raider Walk. This event provides students the opportunity to meet University & College Representatives, inquire about educational opportunities available at their respective campuses, and learn about college programs and services available at participating college campuses. Check back for announcements about this event.
* Major Awareness
There are numerous majors and programs to choose from. Throughout the Fall Semester Moorpark College has workshops and various speakers to guide you through the process of choosing a major. Disciplines and special programs available on campus are highlighted at booths for you to explore. Keep your eyes open for Major Awareness!
* Career Week (Spring 2019)
Career Week is a week-long event intended to bring Moorpark College students and employers together for informative discussions regarding career paths, as well as introducing regional high school students to the academic and career options available. Students will discover and explore career paths, while connecting with industry professionals and recruiters.
Upcoming Events for Community College Students
University of California Santa Barbara
UCSB web-based opportunities with students. There are two ways students can connect with UCSB: virtual transfer appointments or webinars.
#1: Virtual Transfer Appointments
Prospective transfer students can register for individual 20-minute appointments with a Transfer Admissions Counselor to get their questions answered about applying, course transferability, TAG, TAP and more. Appointments are available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from mid-June through mid-August. Students can check the Webinars & Online Events page to register.
#2: Transfer Webinars
UCSB offers a variety of webinars for prospective transfer students and/or counselors in June, July and August. Students can check the Webinars & Online Events page for times and to register.
- UC TAP and UCSB TAG Webinar
- Major-Specific Webinars: Biological Sciences, Economics and College of Engineering
- UC Application Webinar
* Moorpark College Raiders CareerLink
Employers are always welcome to announce their employment opportunities on Raiders CareerLink, our online job site. Employers are encouraged to recruit students for full-time, part-time, internships, and volunteer positions. Please follow these steps to post a position:
1. Visit Raiders CareerLink
2. Click on "Employer"
3. Click on "Sign up and post a job"
4. Create an Employer Account
5. Post opportunities at the same time or return to post opportunities at a later date
6. Once reviewed and approved by the Career Transfer Center, employers will receive email notification
*It can take up to 3 business days for the posting to be approved by our office.
You can contact our office at (805) 378-1536 if you have any questions.