2015 Holiday Luncheon
Thursday, December 10th from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Silent Auction and Basket Information
Once again Classified Senate is asking for your support for our Annual Campus-wide Holiday Luncheon. Each year this event serves as a wonderful way to bring the campus community together in a time of celebration. This year’s event is scheduled for Thursday, December 10, from 11:30 AM till 1:00 PM. Although we do charge for this event, the cost has held at $10.00 (prepaid) for many years now, buy us subsidizing the food costs with monies from other sources such as donations, Associated Students and our Silent Auction. Funds from the Silent Auction also go to scholarships to support Classified Staff and their families as they pursue higher education.
For the last few years the departments and divisions have supported us by coming together to provide a themed gift basket to go into our silent auction. This has become a fun tradition for those participating as they come up with ideas for basket, and then put it together in creative and exciting ways. We are hoping that you will once again be willing to do this!
Here are a few tips to make your basket a “winner” –
1) Pick a theme and build the basket content around that theme – maybe something that represents your area – or maybe just a theme like game night or wine and dine or tea for two – the ideas are limitless.
2) Arrange the items in a cute basket or container to showcase them for all to see.
3) Cover your basket in clear cellophane with a pretty ribbon – anything wrapped in cellophane looks better – and you want it not colored as the coloring hides the items so the bidders can’t see what’s in there.
4) Fill out the attached form as clearly as you can giving the basket a total, realistic value so that bidders know the value of what they are getting. This sheet will be displayed with your basket.
5) Although ideally many people will contribute to the basket – designate one person in charge to make sure items get into the basket, it gets wrapped, the list gets completed and the basket turned into me in the Administration Building (A-166) no later than Friday, December 4, 2014 at noon! Thank you all for your support! ~Elizabeth Salas, CS Holiday Luncheon Chair – email@example.com Phone 805-553-4016