- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Mission and Goals
As a public community college, Moorpark College offers programs and services accessible to the community. Drawing from a student-centered philosophy, Moorpark College creates learning environments that blend curriculum and services in providing to students:
- Introductions to the broad areas of human knowledge and understanding;
- Courses required for university transfer and career preparation or advancement;
- Skills in critical thinking, writing, reading, speaking, listening, and computing;
- Exposure to the values of diversity locally, nationally, and internationally;
- Extracurricular activities that promote campus community involvement and personal development;
- Preparation for the challenges and responsibilities of life and change in a free society and the global community.
At Moorpark College, we encourage quality and believe our strengths have been and will continue to be people–their flexibility, their responsiveness, and their willingness to meet the needs of our students and community. We believe that building on these strengths provides an educational experience appropriate to the students' needs and within the College's mission.
Specifically, our actions and decisions are based on the following beliefs:
- We will provide the best services, programs and opportunities for students.
- We encourage creativity and innovation and we will try new ideas and new things.
- All students attending Moorpark College will receive the support they need to meet their individual educational goals.
- Students who wish to transfer to four-year institutions will receive up-to-date and accurate information to facilitate transfer.
- We will increase our responsiveness to business and industry in changing economic climates.
- We are an integral part of the community.
To best implement our actions and decisions, our internal working environment is based on the following beliefs:
- Shared governance is an accepted part of our decision-making process.
- We will strive to build greater trust, understanding, and cooperation between the other segments of the Ventura County Community College District and Moorpark College.
- We will provide all staff with support for professional development.