Degrees & Certificates

The Child Development Department offers both an Associate in Science Degree (AS) and an Associate in Science in Early Childhood Education for Transfer (AS-T) as well as two Certificates of Achievement. Refer to the Course Catalog for more information. 

  • Students must file a petition for a degree, certificate, and/or proficiency award through the Counseling Office.
  • Students planning to transfer need to consult with a counselor, prepare a Student Education Plan, and take advantage of the support services available in the Career Transfer Center.
  • District Colleges offer three graduation dates: Summer term, Fall semester, and Spring semester.
  • Graduation petition deadline dates are locally announced at each District College, refer to the Academic Calendar for specific date and time.
  • Graduation ceremonies are conducted at the end of the Spring semester, refer to the Academic Calendar for specific date and time.


Traci Allen, Eddie Beltran, Bridget Bershad, Roberta Brodie, Pam Kennedy-Luna, Ashley Lajoie, Giselle Ramirez, Michelle Reina.