What is CalWORKs?
CalWORKs (California Works Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids) is a government-funded program which provides support for college students receiving TANF (public assistance) who are studying for a vocational certificate or a degree in a variety of high demand occupational fields.

What services does CalWORKs provide?

  • Academic, career, and limited personal counseling.
  • Workshops related to career, transfer, and job development.
  • Referral to other financial and supportive services to help you stay in school.
  • Coordination and advocacy with your county welfare department
  • Help with college cost (by county)
  • Eligible students may receive help with books, supplies, tuition, parking and other fees. (by county)
  • Employment Services and Development workshops
  • On-campus Work Study program

Who is eligible for CalWORKs?

  • Students receiving cash aid or TANF (Temporary Aid to Needy Families) for themselves and their dependents.
  • Plan to work towards one of the following: certificate, associate degree, transfer to a 4 year university, and/or improve employability skills.
  • Willing to complete approved weekly activity hours (school, work-study, etc.)

How do I know if I'm eligible for CalWORKs?

How do I apply for the CalWORKs program at Moorpark College?

  • Once you have determined that you will be attending Moorpark College follow the steps to participate in CalWORKs, click on STEPS.
The CalWORKs Office is located at Student Service Annex (SSA) 107A.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm
              Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm
Phone: (805) 553-4055
Fax: (805) 378-1521