An internship is a good opportunity for students to learn new skills and gain practical experience in the workplace. The focus of an internship is to perform work-related tasks and projects related to your major or occupational goal.
Here is what an internship can do for you...
- Allow you to explore careers…try out a discipline or two.
- Improve your college performance…classroom curriculum can be more meaningful when it relates to your internship
- Provide employment advantages…you will have business references and contacts; you might earn a higher salary since you will already have job experience; and sometimes an internship can lead to a job!
- Give you a head start into your field…pre-existing work experience can set you apart from other recent grads in the competitive job market.
There are paid and unpaid internships, both potentially providing you the opportunity to earn college credit. For information on the internship process, please visit the Career Transfer Center in Fountain Hall 110.
Summer 2017 Internships
Summer deadline to submit the Internship Application Contract is Friday, May 26, 2017 at 12:00pm
**APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER INTERNSHIPS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED**
- You must have declared a major or internship discipline at Moorpark College
- You must be in good academic standing by having a GPA of 2.0 or above
- You must have taken or be taking at least one course in the major or career field at Moorpark College
Steps to Enrolling in an Internship Course
- Secure an internship with an employer either independently or with the assistance of the Career Transfer Center, instructors, or other campus networks
- Complete an Internship Application Contract and submit a printed copy to the Career Transfer Center by the deadline for approval
- Once approved, register for a MANDATORY Internship Course Orientation in the Career Transfer Center (dates and times are below)
- Receive a CRN to enroll in the course at the Internship Course Orientation
- Pay the tuition fees the day you register
- You receive 1 credit for 60 hours of an unpaid internship or 1 credit for 75 hours of a paid internship
- You may earn up to 4 credits per semester
- You may earn up to 16 credits total
- Internships are graded and count towards your degree, certificate, or award
- Internships count as elective credits for CSU institutions
- Secure an internship
- Attend an Internship Course Orientation
- Complete all required course paperwork
- Complete all required course assignments including capstone project
- You must meet with your Faculty Advisor (who is assigned to you) at least two times during your internship to discuss your progress
- You must schedule a mid-internship site visit with your Faculty Advisor and Worksite Supervisor
- Submit all required paperwork and assignments by semester deadlines to the Career Transfer Center
SUMMER 2017 INTERNSHIP COURSE ORIENTATIONS **REQUIRED**
Mandatory orientation for students who have Internship Application Contracts turned in and approved by the Career Transfer Center
Please RSVP in the CTC (FH 110)
|Tuesday, May 9, 2017||11:00am-12:00pm||Fountain Hall 117|
|Wednesday, May 17, 2017||6:00pm-7:00pm||Fountain Hall 117|
|Monday, May 22, 2017||3:00pm-4:00pm||Fountain Hall 219|
|Tuesday, May 30, 2017||10:00am-11:00am||Fountain Hall 117|
If you have questions, visit the Career Transfer Center in Fountain Hall 110 or call (805) 378-1536 to make an appointment.
Moorpark College is committed to providing equal opportunities to students, employees and the public regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or veteran status.