MORE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Come to the Scholarship Office in FH 210C to pick up applications for the following scholarships:
Altrusa International of Oxnard
Muriel L. Ballauf – in memory of our late Altrusan, is for an applicant interested in a nursing or radiology career.
Dorothy Huston – in memory of our late Altrusan, is for applicants interested in Health Care.
Roberta Ross – in memory of our late Altrusan, is for applicants interested in Business and Accounting.
Daviene Warskawsky – in memory of our late Altrusan, is for applicants interested in Vocational Training, head of household, and parent with dependent children.
- GPA 2.90 and above
- Full-time student (12 or more units)
- Continuing at Moorpark College fall semester 2016
- Demonstrate financial need
- Applicants should be re-entering the workforce, head of household, and a single parent with dependent children.
Deadline: March 4, 2016
Ventura County Retired Teachers Association
- Must intend to pursue a career in education.
- Transferring to a four-year college/ university
Deadline: March 15, 2016
CoastHills Gold Standard Scholarship
The CoastHills Credit Union is looking for students who are excelling despite the challenges that life throws at them. Students who have a passion for what they are studying and for their future goals.
- Students continuing at Moorpark College or transferring to a four-year college/university fall 2016
- GPA 3.0 and above
- Be enrolled full-time (12 or more units)
- Students from Ventura County, as confirmed by the high school attended
*The recipients of the scholarship must attend the CoastHills reception on Sunday, June 5th at the Cliffs Resort in Pismo Beach. An overnight stay at the Cliffs Resort will be provided by CoastHills Credit Union with the scholarship award.
Deadline: March 18, 2016
S/Sgt. James M. Ray Scholarship
- Applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 units in an accredited college in the United States.
- Applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 units.
Deadline: April 30, 2016
15/16 CCCSFAAA Scholarship
- Enrolled in at least 6 units spring semester 2016
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- Have remaining need of at least $1,000.00
- Applied for State and/or Federal Financial Aid
Deadline: March 14, 2016
Moorpark Women’s Fortnightly Club
- Students returning to school
- Has completed at least 9 units in college with a GPA 3.0+
- Has financial need
- Is a resident of Ventura County
- Be enrolled in at least 9 units required by major each semester
Deadline March 18, 2016
Southern California Garden Club
- Resident within Los Angeles, Ventura, or San Bernardino counties.
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Must be accepted and enrolled in a two or four-year college or university in a program focusing on Horticulture, Landscaping, Botany, Biology, and Earth Science or related majors.
Deadline: April 15, 2016
The National Council of Jewish Women/ Los Angeles provide scholarships, regardless of religious belief, to those who live and attend school in the greater Los Angeles area, including Los Angeles, Riverside, Orange and Ventura Counties. The highly competitive selection criteria include the ability to articulate a clear statement of goals, the likelihood of goal attainment, the personal courage & commitment of the applicant, and financial need.
Deadline May 1, 2016
AHEPA Family Scholarships
- Residency in Ventura County for at least one year prior to application
- Academic Transcript
- US Citizenship
- Greek descent or related to a member of the Order of AHEPA or the Daughters of Penelope
- Full-time student (12 units or more)
Deadline May 15, 2016