The Moorpark College Math Center is located on the third floor of the Library and Learning Resource Building in Room 322. The Math Center is part of The Learning Center. The services provided by the Math Center are as follows:
- Drop-in for Mathematics and Science (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) as well as Economics and Accounting.
- Workshops and Study Sessions
- Materials: Books, Videos (CD-Rom, DVD, and VHS)
- PLATO software
For a list of pre-transfer and transfer level Math courses available at Moorpark College, please visit the Mathematics department.
Hours of Availability through May 11th and Finals Week (5/15-5/19):
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Saturday, Sunday: CLOSED
Extended Math Center Hours for Friday May 12th and Saturday May 13th:
Friday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday: 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Phone: 805-378-1556
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Office: LLR-322
Please note that the Math Center cannot provide any contact information about their tutors or referrals for the purposes of "private tutoring".
- Tutoring Schedules
- Workshop & Study Session Descriptions and Schedules
- Plato Software
- Videos, Handouts and Study Guides
- About the Staff
Math Center Learning Outcomes:
In support of the aims of Mathematics and Science students at Moorpark College, the Math Center prepares students to:
- Think critically, analyze abstract concepts, and transition from the concrete to the abstract in mathematical reasoning.
- Identify their individual strengths and weaknesses in Mathematics.
- Use the resources available to support their acquisition of the skills necessary to succeed in college level Mathematics and Science courses.
- Apply problem solving skills to mathematics and science both in and outside of the classroom.
- Learn to efficiently verify an answer to a problem and determine if the answer is reasonable in the given context.