The Moorpark College Math Center is located on the third floor of the Library and Learning Resource Building in Room 322. The Math Center is part of The Learning Center. The services provided by the Math Center are as follows:
- Drop-in for Mathematics and Science (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) as well as Economics and Accounting.
- Workshops and Study Sessions
- Materials: Books, Videos (CD-Rom, DVD, and VHS)
- PLATO software
For a list of pre-transfer and transfer level Math courses available at Moorpark College, please visit the Mathematics department.
Math Center Learning Outcomes:
In support of the aims of Mathematics and Science students at Moorpark College, the Math Center prepares students to:
- Think critically, analyze abstract concepts, and transition from the concrete to the abstract in mathematical reasoning.
- Identify their individual strengths and weaknesses in Mathematics.
- Use the resources available to support their acquisition of the skills necessary to succeed in college level Mathematics and Science courses.
- Apply problem solving skills to mathematics and science both in and outside of the classroom.
- Learn to efficiently verify an answer to a problem and determine if the answer is reasonable in the given context.
Spring 2016 Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Saturday, Sunday: CLOSED
For more information on subject tutoring for disciplines outside of the Math Center, click here
- Phone: 805-378-1556
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: LLR-322