The following instructions are for Windows users only. Mac users, please refer to Uploading Web Pages for cross-platform alternatives.
Creating a Network Place
- Double-click the My Computer icon on your computer desktop.
- Click the My Network Places link.
- Click the Add a network place link.
- From the Add Network Place Wizard, click Next.
- Select Choose another network location, and click Next.
- In the Internet or network address field, enter the FTP address that was provided on your Web Page Account Confirmation Form, and click Next.
- Uncheck the box to Log on anonymously, enter the User name provided on your Web Page Account Confirmation Form, and click Next.
- In the space provided, type a name for your network place (e.g. Moorpark Faculty Home Page), and click Next.
- When you see the screen confirming the successful creation of your network place, click Finish. This link will be available from My Computer > My Network Places.
- When you connect to this network place, you will be prompted for your Password. You find this on your Web Page Account Confirmation Form. If you are NOT on a public computer, you may check the box to Save password.
- Click the Log on button to connect.
- Go to My Computer > My Network Places and double-click to establish an FTP connection to your faculty home page.
- Return to your desktop, double-click the My Computer to open another Explorer window.
- Navigate to the location on your computer where your web page is saved.
- Select the files and/or directories that you wish to upload.
- You may "drag and drop" them from the local window to the FTP site window. Or, right-click and select Copy. Then right-click in the FTP window and select Paste.
- To confirm that your web page was published, type your WWW address into the address bar of your internet browser. You can find this address on your Web Page Account Confirmation Form.