- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Internships for Spring 2013
******Last day to submit contract is Feb 20, 2013******
Must attend ONE orientation. Dates listed below. Contract must be approved before orientation.
Orientations: Tue Feb 5 9am-10am; Wed Feb 6 5:30pm-6:30pm; or Thurs Feb 28 5:30pm-6:30pm
1. How are units computed?
- You can receive 1 unit for 60 hours unpaid or 75 hours paid internship. You may earn up to 4 units per semester and 16 units total. The units are graded and count towards your AA/AS degree and CSU transfer as electives. Determine how many hours you will be working on your Internship, and divide that number by 60 (if unpaid), or 75 (if paid) to determine the number of units. Be conservative, and round off to the lowest number of units.
2. Types of Internship
- Discipline M80: For work RELATED to your major or career goal with prior coursework in the discipline. Ex. CDM80, CNSEM80. Transferable to CSU, graded. Up to 16 total units.
3. What are the eligibility requirements to do an internship?
- Be in academic good-standing (with a 2.0 or above).
- Be taking or have taken at least one course in the major or career field, unless special arrangement.
- Receive the approval of the Internship Office and a Faculty Advisor.
- Be a continuing student (not matriculated) at a 2 year or 4 year educational institution.
4. How do I register for an internship?
- Complete an internship Contract (see below) and submit printed copy of contract to Career Transfer Center for approval by deadline listed above.
- When contract approved, come into the Career Transfer Center to get CRN for Internship M80 class.
- Register for class following Career Transfer Center instructions. Sign up for an orientation listed above.
- The Career Transfer Center will process ADD slip and indicate day you must pay for the course.
- Student must pay fees the same day as registering.
- Attend an Internship Orientation.
5. What are the student responsibilities?
- Make an appointment with the Career Transfer Center for the 1 hour Orientation.See schedule above.
- Develop 3 Learning Objectives, which are new or expanded goals for learning during the Internship.
- Meet with your Faculty Advisor at least 2 times during the Internship session to discuss your progress and your final evaluation and grade.
- Your Faculty Advisor will assign you an Internship paper or project.
- Invite your Faculty Advisor to your Internship site one time during the Internship session.
- Keep track of your Faculty Advisor consultations and site visits on the Consultation Record.
- Have both your Faculty Advisor and your Internship Supervisor sign your Learning Objectives and your Time Sheet. Have your Faculty Advisor sign the Consultation Record.
- Turn in your Learning Objectives, Time Sheet, Consultation Record, and Student Evaluation to the Internship Office at the end of your Internship. All forms must be received in order to receive a grade.
Any more questions? Come by or call for an appointment. The Internship Office is located inside The Career Transfer Center in room Fountain Hall 110. Phone (805) 378-1536Moorpark College is committed to providing an equal opportunity to students, employees, and the public, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or veteran status. Please call (805) 378-1403 or see the catalog for more detail.
Please fill out the Internship Contract and submit to Internship Office to obtain approval.