- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
- Health Center
- About Us
- Our Services
- Event Dates
- Frequent Questions
- Tobacco Cessation
- Psychological Counseling
- Student Health 101
- Self Screening for Alcohol/ Depression/Eating Disorder
- Health Alerts
- Administration Bldg. A-111
- Phone: 805.378.1413
- Fall & Spring HoursMon, Tues, Thurs. 8- 5
Wed. 8- 7
Mon - Thurs 8:00- 6:00
- Appointments Preferred
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the health fee cover?
For your nominal $19 health fee ($17 in summer) as part of your registration fees you have the opportunity to utilize various services here on campus. Here is a partial list of what is available, many are free:
- First Aid
- Self Care Center including free over-the-counter medications
- Medical Services including illness assessment and treatment
- Physicals for Health Science and EATM programs, transfer or job
- TB skin testing, immunizations
- Psychological counseling by psychologist or post docs or interns under supervision
- Optional low cost health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Student Accident Insurance - only if injured on campus or during a college sponsored activity
- Health education events and counseling emphasizing disease prevention and wellness
- Access to low cost medications, immunizations and lab testing - as part of your treatment at MC
Is everything confidential?
All medical and personal counseling records are kept confidential, with legal contraints, and are NOT part of the student's academic record. Information may not be released without the student's written consent (Student Health Services Privacy Act). Information shared in counseling sessions may be discussed amongst providers for consultation or intern supervision, but will not be discussed outside the Student Health Center.
Who can be seen at the Student Health Center?
Any currently registered student can utilize services at the Student Health Center. First Aid, TB Skin Testing, Flu Vaccinations, and special screenings are provided for faculty and staff. Only first aid is provided for visitors.
How can a student be seen at the Health Center?
Appointments are required to see all providers. Walk-ins will be seen only as the providers' schedules permit.
Do you offer optional Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans?
Yes -- optional health insurance plans are available for currently enrolled students.