- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
You Served Us, Now Let Us Serve You!
Moorpark College recognizes the sacrifice of those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. If you are a veteran, or a survivor or dependent of a veteran, you may be eligible for veterans' educational benefits to help you achieve a great college education!
Veterans Services are available to support your educational goals as you make use of your GI Bill education benefits. We can provide assistance as you complete the necessary paperwork to ensure you receive the proper entitlement pay and guide you toward a variety of campus resources ranging from tutoring to career and personal counseling. Contact the Veteran's Benefit Specialists to receive a benefits orientation and to activate your benefits, including priority registration.
Veterans Benefits Specialists are housed in the Office of Registration & Records in the Administration Building. For assistance, please contact:
- Maria Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 805-378-1400 ext.1612
Karyl Osher, email@example.com, Phone: 805-378-1400 ext. 1705
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday - Thursday | 8am-4pm
- Friday | CLOSED
- Priority registration
- You may be eligible for priority registration, even if you are not using your educational benefits.
- Individualized, hour long counseling appointments to assist you in developing your educational plan
Counseling Services are housed in the Counseling Department in the Administration Building. For assistance, please contact the Counseling Department, Phone: (805) 378-1428.
Getting Started with Your Educational Benefits at Moorpark College:
Click this link to see the basic steps to get started using your educational benefits at Moorpark College:
For More Information and Important Links:
1. For information and forms regarding eligibility, application for benefits, enrollment verifications, and frequently asked questions, please visit the Department of Veteran's Affairs website at www.gibill.va.gov
2. California Department of Veteran's Affairs: http://www.cdva.ca.gov/
3. Verify your attendance: https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
4. National Resource Directory, Wounded Warriors, vets, and caregivers: www.NationalResourceDirectory.gov
5. VA Benefits Online Application: http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp
Moorpark College has recently formed two groups specifically designed with Veteran students in mind. For the Women’s Veterans Club and the Veteran’s Writing Group please contact Kathryn Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-378-1400 x 1696.