Steps for Becoming a Moorpark College Student with ACCESS Services
Step 1 □ Consider what classes you might be interested in taking:
- What should I take my first semester (click this link for ideas)
* Choose tentative classes (between 4-7) to be used during orientation.
* To create a tentative schedule use the following worksheet:
Step 2 □ Complete Admission and Orientation to the campus
- Go to Application & Orientation and fill out the first 4 steps for NEW Students.
* Complete the MC On-line Orientation and math and English Assessments.
Print out your results to bring to your appointment. Use your tentative classes
to complete Abbreviated Educational plan in Degreeworks.
Step 3 □ Print and complete all 3 pages of the Application for ACCESS services
Step 4 □ Print and Complete the Student Education Contract
(both pages, list your tentative classes/teachers on Page2)
Step 5 □ Make copies of your Verification of Disability to leave with our office.
- Students with an IEP or 504 plan, bring in a complete (all pages) and current copy.
- If you have had testing done, bring in a copy of the psycho-educational report.
- If you have ADHD, a medical, physical or psychological disability, you will need a Verification of Disability Form completed by your doctor or psychologist (please print both pages of the form below and have your doctor complete, sign and stamp the form)
Step 6 □ Call our office (805) 378-1461 to make an Intake Appointment with a specialist.
* Before leaving for your appointment, print out this check list and check off each item to be sure your packet is complete.
ACCESS is located on the first floor of the LMC building. You may park in either Lot C or the handicapped parking lot next to the building. Please purchase a 1-Day parking pass located in the machine at the top of the staircase in Lot C. Campus map