Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) offers additional support services to EOPS students who are single parent on TANF (Transitional Assistance for Needy Families) and to break the welfare dependency cycle by completing college-level educational training programs, and therefore, become more employable and economically self-sufficient.
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be 18 years of age
- Be single head of household
- Be a current recipient of TANF/CalWORKs
- Have at least one child under 14 years of age
- Be enrolled as a full-time student upon admission into the program
- Be an EOPS student
To become a CARE student:
- Apply to Moorpark College
- Apply and be eligible for Board of Governor's Fee Waiver A or B
- Apply to EOPS program
- Take assessment test
- Submit all high school and college transcripts (if applicable)
- Attend mandatory EOPS Orientations
The EOPS staff is committed to helping YOU during your studies at Moorpark College. If we don't have the answer to your questions, we still find someone who does.