Location: Library/Learning Resources Building, Third Floor & Room 322
TLC Services are free to all Moorpark College students. Services and resources include tutoring, individual consultations, workshops, print materials, and learning software.
- Math – During the summer, math tutors are available for drop-in assistance Monday-Thursday 10-6. See the Math Center web page for more details and the math center drop-in schedule for information about tutors who can assist with specific classes..
- Writing – During the summer writing tutors are available by appointment Mondays 9-4, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9-7, and Thursdays 9-2. Drop-in help is available only when tutors have unused appointment slots.Tutors assist with writing across all subject areas, not just English. For further details and to sign up for an appointment, visit the Writing Center web page.
- Subject Tutoring Schedule - Subject Tutoring is available on a drop-in basis and includes the following subjects: History, Communication Studies, Accounting, and Spanish. For more details regarding days and times visit the Subject Tutoring Schedule.
Deborah Brackley, Tutorial Services Specialist, oversees course-embedded tutoring and tutoring for disciplines outside of math and writing. She also coordinates a number of other aspects of of the Teaching and Learning Center. She can be reached at email@example.com or 805-553-4839.
Learning Center Outcomes
Students who use the Learning Center will be able to apply learning strategies and basic skills to succeed in college. The Learning Center enables students to:
- Assess their learning needs and create individualized learning plans
- Use resources to develop the college skills and/or achieve the goals of their learning plans;
- Acquire skills that develop life-long learning habits
- Apply learning strategies and basic skills to independently succeed in college.
Moorpark College is committed to providing an equal opportunity to students, employees, and the public, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or veteran status. Please call (805) 378-1403 or see the catalog for more detail.