- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
COOPERATIVE AGENCIES RESOURCES FOR EDUCATION (CARE) is a state funded program designed to assist single parents, receiving CalWORKs/TANF, with child care related expenses while they pursue a college education.
CARE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Educational and Personal counseling
- Self-advocacy and academic success workshops
- Child care related grant
TO QUALIFY FOR CARE YOU MUST BE:
- A current EOPS student enrolled in 12 or more units
- 18 years or older
- A single parent of at least one child under 14 years old
- A CalWORKs cash aid recipient
EOPS Eligibility Requirements:
- Be California resident
- Be economically disadvantaged (qualify for BOGW “A” or “B”)
- Be a full time student (12 or more units)
- Be educationally disadvantaged (by language, social and/or educational barriers)
- Have completed less than 70 units and/or 6 consecutive semesters in the EOPS program
To apply for CARE Program:
- Stop by the EOPS/CARE office and request a CARE Interest Card or you may download it
- Complete the card and leave it with the office personnel.
- The CARE Counselor will review your interest and eligibility and contact you to set a CARE orientation appointment. You will be asked to bring additional documents verifying your eligibility to the CARE orientation meeting.