How and when do I apply for admission?
- Applications are accepted year round. Students may apply on line at moorparkcollege.edu/apply. Students may also apply through the mail, via fax, or in person.
- Students applying for programs with specialized admission requirements such as Exotic Animal Training & Management or Nursing are advised to contact those departments directly.
How and when do I register or add classes?
- Students may register online via MyVCCCD, or in person.
- Students should consult the registration calendar for specific dates and times of availability for each type of registration.
How, where, and by when do I pay my fees?
- Fees may be paid on-line at MyVCCCD, by mail, or in person.
- Visa and MasterCard are accepted for payment on-line. Fees may be paid by mail using check or money order. Fees may also be paid in person at the Student Business Office located in the Administration Building using cash, check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard.
- All fees are due and payable immediately. Students who do not pay their fees in a timely manner may have one or both of the following actions taken: Be dropped from their classes and required to re-enroll and/or have a financial hold placed against their records which until paid will prevent all enrollment, drops, and withdrawals, prohibit access to transcripts, grades and limit access to certain campus services.
- For more information about fees, click here.
How and when do I drop a class?
- Classes may be dropped on-line,, by fax, by mail, or in person. Click for more information.
- Check the Registration Calendar for a calendar of deadline dates. Remember, the deadline dates posted apply to semester-length classes. If your class is shorter than semester-length, these deadlines will not apply. Please contact the Records Office for short-term drop deadlines.
- It is the student's responsibility to drop a class.
How do I order transcripts? How much do they cost? How long does it take?
- Complete ordering instructions, including cost and processing time can be found here: http://www.moorparkcollege.edu/transcripts
When are school holidays?
- A complete calendar for the semester can be found on the academic calendar page.
What are the deadline dates for late registration, adds, refunds, credit/no-credit, dropping a class, applying for graduation or a certificate?
- A complete calendar listing all deadlines can be found in the registration calendar page.
- Short-term class deadlines can be found at the on-line class schedule. Click on the course reference number for the deadline dates.
- It is the student's responsibility to comply with all deadline dates.
What are the requirements for California residence?
- There are many rules and regulations regarding residence, therefore the determination of who may be granted resident status is often complicated. Please direct your questions to the Office of Admissions & Records.
How can I get proof that I'm enrolled as a student?
- Students who need an insurance or good student discount form completed click here for detailed instructions.
I'm a veteran. What do I need to do to claim my VA benefits?
- Please contact the Veterans Benefit Specialist at (805) 378-1400, extension 1852 for more information.
How can I find out if my class has been cancelled or moved to a different room?
- Occasionally a class is cancelled for lack of enrollment. Should that happen, you will contacted by the Division Office. They will also have information regarding possible replacement class(es).
- If a class has recently been moved to a new classroom, a sign will be posted on the door directing students to the new location.
How do I contact my instructor?
- Most instructors have voice mail which can be found in the directory. If your instructor is not listed, please contact our switchboard at (805) 378-1400.
- Instructors can also be reached through their division office.
If I need more information, how can I contact Admissions and Records?