The mission of the Moorpark College Radiologic Technology Program is to prepare the student to graduate and be qualified to enter the dynamic field of Diagnostic Medical Imaging as a competent and compassionate Radiographer and as a member of the health care team.
The program faculty will guide the student in the acquisition of the following skills, knowledge and values:
- Students will demonstrate clinical competence when performing radiological procedures.
- Students will communicate effectively with patients, health care team and others with sensitivity to age, gender and cultural diversity.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to provide safe, high quality patient care.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism and will be encouraged to pursue lifelong learning.
- Students will graduate and will be prepared for employment as a competent entry-level Radiologic Technologist.