- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
Radiologic Technology Program Mission and Goals
The mission of the Moorpark College Radiologic Technology Program is to prepare the student to graduate and be qualified to enter the dynamic field of Diagnostic Medical Imaging as a competent and compassionate Radiographer and as a member of the health care team.
The program faculty will guide the student in the acquisition of the following skills, knowledge and values:
- The graduate will be prepared for employment as a competent entry-level Radiologic Technologist who posses the technical, anatomical, physiological and theoretical knowledge and cognitive skills required by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- The graduate will be prepared to pass the national (ARRT) certification examinations for full licensure as a Radiologic Technologist
- The graduate will communicate effectively; with patients, health care team and others in the health care setting with sensitivity to age, gender and cultural diversity.
- The graduate will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to provide safe, high quality patient care.
- The graduate will demonstrate professionalism and will be encouraged to pursue lifelong learning and membership in professional organizations.