- College Information
- Apply and Enroll
- Services for Students
- Online Services
- Academic Departments
- Radiologic Technology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Mission and Goals
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Program Efffectiveness Data
- What Is Rad Tech?
- Career Opportunities
- Curriculum Guide
- Prospective Students
- Application/Admission Process
- Academic Calendar
- Information Packet
Radiologic Technology Program Mission and Goals
The mission of the Moorpark College Radiologic Technology Program is to prepare the student to graduate and be qualified to enter the dynamic field of Diagnostic Medical Imaging as a competent and compassionate Radiographer and as a member of the health care team.
The program faculty will guide the student in the acquisition of the following skills, knowledge and values:
- Students will demonstrate clinical competence when performing radiological procedures.
- Students will communicate effectively with patients, health care team and others with sensitivity to age, gender and cultural diversity.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to provide safe, high quality patient care.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism and will be encouraged to pursue lifelong learning.
- Students will graduate and will be prepared for employment as a competent entry-level Radiologic Technologist.