Workshop Schedule (continually updated-scroll down):
--CSU/UC Application Assistance & Workshop-Fall 2015 to be scheduled
--Transfer Basics--First Year Students --Fall 2015 to be scheduled
This workshop is ideal for first year students interested in learning about the transfer process:
Must have attended a New Student Orientation or completed the online Orientation prior to attending this workshop.
- Review of general Transfer requirements for the UC and CSU system and private/out of state as needed
- Tips for beginning the transfer process
- Overview of programs such as TAP, TAG
- Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT)
- General Education Patterns
- Major Preparation
- Important Deadlines
***Make a reservation by calling the Career Transfer Center at 805-378-1536 or stop by Fountain Hall 110 to reserve your spot.***
Transfer Essay Workshops available in the Writing Center in LLR 318--Come to one or more workshops.
Students are also welcome to book individual tutoring appointments to work on personal statements at moorparkcollege.edu/writingcenter
Personal Statement Transfer Workshop
This workshop is available in the Writing Center in LLR 318 to help students review topic prompts, brainstorm and develop ideas for essay and read sample essays.
See specific sessions here for available dates and times. Workshops are 50 minutes. Students are also welcome to book individual tutoring appointments to work on personal statements at moorparkcollege.edu/writingcenter
Financial Aid Workshops Click for specific workshops geared towards Transfer Students trying to arrange financial aid at 4 year schools
--Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG)--Fall 2015 to be scheduled
This workshop is for New and Continuing Students:
- Review of TAG eligibility requirements (units, GPA, other) for the participating UC campuses
- Strategies for choosing a TAG university
- TAG application and review process
--Transfer Planning--Continuing Students --Fall 2015 to be scheduled
This workshop provides Continuing students with Transfer information:
- Intended for students who have 12 plus units, determined a major, and are starting to think about transfer
- Specifics about transfer requirements and getting ready to transfer
- Review of timetable, deadlines, and steps for preparing for application
--Need help deciding a major? Attend a workshop!
Also, check out Major Awareness Week Events
|Weds., June 10||4-5:30pm||Preparing for Pre-professional
Health Sciences Schools
|Details in CTC (FH110)|
|Weds., June 17||4-5:30pm||STEM Learning Strategies
|Details in CTC (FH110)|
More workshops coming!
For more information contact:
Career Transfer Center
Phone: (805) 378-1536