Veterans Resource Center
You Served Us, Now Let Us Serve You!
The Moorpark College Veterans Resource Center (VRC) provides support services focused on the special needs and requirements of today's military veterans, service members and dependents to assist students in transitioning to the college environment and in achieving their academic and personal development goals.
The Moorpark College VRC demonstrates the college's commitment to being recognized as one of the nation's top military friendly schools by providing high quality support services to military veterans, service members, and their dependents. Moreover, the VRC will strive to become a center of excellence for Ventura and Los Angeles county veterans by offering leadership opportunities and innovative education support services to the target population.
Veteran Educational Benefits
Moorpark College recognizes the sacrifice of those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. If you are a veteran, or a survivor or dependent of a veteran, you may be eligible for veterans' educational benefits to help you achieve a great college education!
Veteran Services are available to support your educational goals as you make use of your GI Bill educational benefits. We can provide assistance as you complete the necessary paperwork to ensure you receive the proper entitlement pay and guide you toward a variety of campus resources ranging from tutoring to career and personal counseling. Contact the GI Bill School Certifying Official to inquire about and activate your benefits, including priority registration. Please also visit our veteran's club webpage for ways you can get involved with other veterans on campus.
For assistance, please contact:
- School Certifying Official - GI Bill: Maria Martin, email@example.com, Phone: 805-553-4103.
- Veterans Resource Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 805-553-410, Student Services Annex (SSA-118).
- Counseling Services are housed in the Veterans Resource Center and the Counseling Department in Fountain Hall. For assistance, please contact the Veterans Resource Center (805) 553-4106 or Counseling Department, Phone: (805) 378-1428.
- GI Bill Enrollment Certifications, fee reimbursement, housing allowance (if applicable), & pre-enrollment guidance,
- Priority registration (even if you are not using your educational benefits)
- Individualized, hour long counseling appointments to assist in developing your educational plan
- Referrals to regional and local veteran services
- On campus Veterans Resource Center in the Student Services Annex (SSA-118), Hours of Operation: M-Th 10am-3pm
Checklist for Educational Benefits at Moorpark College:
New & Returning students: Steps to get started using your VA educational benefits at Moorpark College.
Continuing students: The checklist for using your VA educational benefits at Moorpark College.
For More Information and Important Links:
1. For information and forms regarding eligibility, application for benefits, enrollment verifications, and frequently asked questions, please visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website at www.gibill.va.gov
2. California Department of Veterans Affairs: http://www.cdva.ca.gov/
3. Verify your attendance for Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30): https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
4. National Resource Directory, Wounded Warriors, vets, and caregivers: www.NationalResourceDirectory.gov
5. VA Benefits Online Application: http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp
6. SMART, ACE, AARTS Transcript Requests: https://jst.doded.mil
7. Air Force (CCAF) Transcript Requests: http://www.au.af.mil/au/barnes/ccaf/transcripts.asp