You Served Us, Now Let Us Serve You!
Moorpark College recognizes the sacrifice of those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. If you are a veteran, or a survivor or dependent of a veteran, you may be eligible for veterans' educational benefits to help you achieve a great college education!
Veteran Services are available to support your educational goals as you make use of your GI Bill educational benefits. We can provide assistance as you complete the necessary paperwork to ensure you receive the proper entitlement pay and guide you toward a variety of campus resources ranging from tutoring to career and personal counseling. Contact the Veteran Representative to inquire and activate your benefits, including priority registration. Please also visit our veteran's club webpage for additional information.
Veterans Benefits Representatives are housed in the Office of Admissions & Records in Fountain Hall.
For assistance, please contact:
- Maria Martin, email@example.com, Phone: 805-553-4103.
- Veteran's service desk, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 805-553-4106
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday 8am-5pm
- Tuesday & Wednesday 8am-7pm
- Thursday 8am-5pm
- Friday 8am-12pm
- GI Bill Enrollment Certifications, fee reimbursement, housing allowance (if applicable), & pre-enrollment guidance,
- Priority registration (even if you are not using your educational benefits)
- Individualized, hour long counseling appointments to assist in developing your educational plan
- Referrals to regional and local veteran services
Counseling Services are housed in the Counseling Department in Fountain Hall. For assistance, please contact the Counseling Department, Phone: (805) 378-1428.
Checklist for Educational Benefits at Moorpark College:
New & Returning students: Steps to get started using your educational benefits at Moorpark College.
Continuing students: The checklist for using your educational benefits at Moorpark College.
For More Information and Important Links:
1. For information and forms regarding eligibility, application for benefits, enrollment verifications, and frequently asked questions, please visit the Department of Veteran's Affairs website at www.gibill.va.gov
2. California Department of Veteran's Affairs: http://www.cdva.ca.gov/
3. Verify your attendance for Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30): https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
4. National Resource Directory, Wounded Warriors, vets, and caregivers: www.NationalResourceDirectory.gov
5. VA Benefits Online Application: http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp
6. SMART, ACE, AARTS Transcript Requests: https://jst.doded.mil
7. Air Force (CCAF) Transcript Requests: http://www.au.af.mil/au/barnes/ccaf/transcripts.asp