Counseling Services Available
- General education advisement
- Preparation for a major
- Assistance in choosing a major
- Interpretation of articulation agreements-transfer requirements
- Transcripts evaluation from other institutions (NOT international transcripts)
- Vocational planning
- Graduation preparation and evaluation
- Probation and Retention Counseling
- Career Assessment and Research
- Job Search/Job Placement Skills
- Resume Writing and Interview Skills
Different ways to Utilize Counseling Services
- Online orientation
- Small group New Student Workshops.
- Spring Semester Only- High school seniors may attend the orientation with their local high school or through Moorpark College Outreach Office x1409.
- Individual, 45 minute, in-depth Counseling appointments for continuing students.
- Express Counseling at the Counseling Office for quick questions and clearing pre-requisites.
- On-line counseling is available for very quick and brief questions.
- Our main Moorpark College Counseling Office is located in Fountain Hall. However, we do have Counselors located throughout the campus. Please check your appointment confirmation email "Comments" to verify the location of your appointment. Please schedule appointments at the Center Kiosk, in the middle of Fountain Hall, or call (805) 378-1428.
Hours are Monday and Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Tuesday and Wednesday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm, and Friday 8:00 am-12:00 pm. Note: Express/Drop-In counseling is NOT available on Wednesdays, 9:30 am -11:00 am. *Hours are subject to change*
(805) 378-1428 Academic Counseling Appointments
(805) 378-1536 Career Transfer Center
(805) 378-1409 Outreach Center