Dual Enrollment on the High School Campus

Important Updates

Due to current public health concerns and in the best interest of our students, our office will not be open to the public. We will be providing services via phone, email and online.



What is the Dual Enrollment Program?

Moorpark College partners with local K-12 school districts to bring Moorpark College courses to high school campuses. Students can begin taking college coursework while enrolled in high school, tuition-free*, without the need for transportation to the college campus. Our courses are taught by our skilled Moorpark College faculty members, and we work with the high schools to offer courses suitable for high school students. Our Dual Enrollment Program students can receive both high school and college credits for taking our courses, as well as develop their college readiness skills to ensure their success in higher education.  

*Dual Enrollment students are exempt from paying college tuition ($46 per unit), but depending on whether they take courses through their high school or through the main college campus, may be required to pay the Health Fee, Student Activity fee,  Student Center Fee, and Student Rep Fee (total ranging from $27-$33 per semester). Students who pay these fees are able to use the Student Health Center on campus and pickup a Student ID card from our Student Activities Office.

The Moorpark College Dual Enrollment Program currently partners with following school districts to offer our courses through their high school campuses:

  • Conejo Valley Unified School District  
  • Las Virgenes Unified School District  
  • Moorpark Unified School District  
  • Simi Valley Unified School District  
  • Oak Park Unified School District  
  • California Youth Authority  

Dual Enrollment Program vs.

General Population Dual Enrollment

What does Dual Enrollment (DE) mean?

When a student is enrolled in both a K-12 school and a college at the same time, it is referred to as "Concurrent Enrollment". If a student is enrolled in both a K-12 and a college and chooses to apply the college course credit towards their high school diploma, they are now considered "Dual Enrollment".  Dual Enrollment means that the student is obtaining dual credit for the college course.

What is General Population Dual Enrollment?

K-12 students who choose to take a Moorpark College course offered on the college campus are considered General Population Dual Enrollment students. They find a course that they are interested in taking in our Schedule of Classes, discuss it with their high school counselor, and follow the enrollment steps to register. The students will be in the course of their choice alongside other Moorpark College students. 

What is the Dual Enrollment Program?

Our Dual Enrollment department works with the local high school districts and staff to decide on  Moorpark College courses to offer at the high school, specifically for that high school's students. So instead of having K-12 students travel to the college to take a course, we bring the college courses to the high school. This means that we must have a minimum of 30 students interested to be able to offer one of these courses. They are filled with only high school students, meaning your classmates will be your high school peers. We do not publish our courses online in the Schedule of Classes because they are reserved for our program's students only. The high school campus informs the students of the courses that will be offered at their high school each semester.

For additional information about Moorpark College's Dual Enrollment Program, please contact our team in the "Contacts" section of the sidebar.


Don't Forget about FERPA!

FERPA stands for the Family Educational Right and Privacy Act, which is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. This law applies to any student that reaches the age of 18 or begins attending a college or university, regardless of age. FERPA rights are transferred from the parent/guardian to the student, meaning that students must act on their own behalf. Parents, guardians, relatives, or friends of MC students are not permitted to enroll, drop, or add classes on behalf of the student. The same applies to requesting transcripts or grade verifications. 

Even though a student may still be enrolled in high school and is a dependent of their parent/guardian, we must maintain confidentiality in regards to student records and can only discuss student information with the student. A student may allow their parent to be included in conversations regarding confidential information, but only with the student's consent. A student can submit a completed FERPA form to permit the sharing of student records: FERPA Form

Visit the U.S. Department of Education website for more information.