Library and Learning Resources (LLR) 322
(Top floor of the library)
|Monday-Thursday:||9:00 AM to 7:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
|Saturday & Sunday:||CLOSED|
Click here for a detailed schedule of Math and Science Center tutors and their subject specialty.
The Math and Science Center offers the following services and resources:
- Drop-in tutoring for Mathematics and Science (Accounting, Economics, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, and Physics)
- Workshops and Study Groups
- Materials: Books, Videos (CD-Rom, DVD, and VHS), Supplemental Worksheets
For a list of pre-transfer and transfer level Math courses available at Moorpark College, please visit the Mathematics department.
Please note that the Math Center cannot provide any contact information about their tutors or referrals for the purposes of "private tutoring".
Math and Science Center Learning Outcomes:
In support of the aims of Mathematics and Science students at Moorpark College, the Math and Science Center prepares students to:
- Identify their individual strengths and weaknesses in the targeted subject area
- Use the resources available to support their acquisition of the skills necessary to succeed in college level Mathematics and Science courses.
- Comprehend, analyze, and integrate material that is appropriate to the discipline
- Apply strategies for reading comprehension and study skills necessary to succeed in college courses