Math and Science Center Online Tutoring:
We will be fully-staffed to conduct ENTIRELY ONLINE drop-in tutorial sessions using ConferZoom technology with STEM tutors staffed online every hour during our normal hours of operation. No appointment necessary!
Students using a smartphone or tablet will need to download the Zoom app (“Zoom Cloud Meetings”). Students with a computer will be prompted to download the software after clicking the link.
Location: Zoom Drop-in Tutoring
Phone: (805) 378-1556
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM - 2:00PM
Saturday: 11:00 AM to 2:00PM
Summer 2021 Hours of Operation
Monday-Wednesday: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Friday: 12:00 PM to 4:00PM
When should I log in to receive tutoring in my course?
For all other courses, including a list of specific math and science subjects, the tutors, and the available times the tutors work, please see the link to a highly detailed schedule below:
The Math and Science Center offers the following services and resources:
- Drop-in tutoring for Mathematics and Science courses (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, and Physics) plus Accounting, and Economics.
- Workshops and Study Groups
- Materials: Books, Videos (CD-Rom, DVD, and VHS), Supplemental Worksheets
For a list of pre-transfer and transfer level Math courses available at Moorpark College, please visit the Mathematics department.
Please note that the Math Center cannot provide any contact information about their tutors or referrals for the purposes of "private tutoring".
Math and Science Center Learning Outcomes:
In support of the aims of Mathematics and Science students at Moorpark College, the Math and Science Center prepares students to:
- Identify their individual strengths and weaknesses in the targeted subject area
- Use the resources available to support their acquisition of the skills necessary to succeed in college level Mathematics and Science courses.
- Comprehend, analyze, and integrate material that is appropriate to the discipline
- Apply strategies for reading comprehension and study skills necessary to succeed in college courses
COL M05 "Supervised Tutoring Across the Curriculum"
To use tutoring services, students will be enrolled in COL M05, "Supervised Tutoring across the Curriculum." COL M05 is a 0 unit course. It is not graded. It does not appear on transcripts. It is free to all currently registered Moorpark College students.