Library and Learning Resources (LLR) Building
3rd (top) floor of the library
|Math & Science Center Spring Semester Hours (January 6th to May 14th):|
|Monday-Thursday:||9:00 AM to 7:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
|Saturday & Sunday:||CLOSED|
The Math and Science Center offers the following services and resources:
- Drop-in tutoring for Mathematics and Science courses (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, and Physics) plus Accounting, and Economics.
- Workshops and Study Groups
- Materials: Books, Videos (CD-Rom, DVD, and VHS), Supplemental Worksheets
For a list of pre-transfer and transfer level Math courses available at Moorpark College, please visit the Mathematics department.
Please note that the Math Center cannot provide any contact information about their tutors or referrals for the purposes of "private tutoring".
Math and Science Center Learning Outcomes:
In support of the aims of Mathematics and Science students at Moorpark College, the Math and Science Center prepares students to:
- Identify their individual strengths and weaknesses in the targeted subject area
- Use the resources available to support their acquisition of the skills necessary to succeed in college level Mathematics and Science courses.
- Comprehend, analyze, and integrate material that is appropriate to the discipline
- Apply strategies for reading comprehension and study skills necessary to succeed in college courses