You Served Us, Now Let Us Serve You!
Phone: (805) 553 - 4106
Location : Student Services Annex - 108
|Fall Business Hours|
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 12:00 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed|
The Moorpark College Veterans Resource Center (VRC) provides support services focused on the special needs and requirements of today's military veterans, active duty service members, and dependents to assist students in transitioning to the college environment and in achieving their academic and personal development goals.
Veteran Educational Benefits
Moorpark College recognizes the sacrifice of those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. If you are a veteran or dependent of a veteran, you may be eligible for veterans' educational benefits to help you achieve your education goals! Veteran Services are available to support your educational goals as you make use of your GI Bill® educational benefits. We can provide assistance as you complete the necessary paperwork to ensure you receive the proper entitlement pay and guide you toward a variety of campus resources ranging from tutoring to career and personal counseling. Please Contact or visit the VRC about applying for and utilizing your benefits. *Reminder Students are not required to use there GI Bill® to utilize the VRC.
- GI Bill® Enrollment Certifications - fee reimbursement,housing allowance (if applicable), & pre-enrollment guidance
- Priority registration (even if you are not using your educational benefits)
- Individualized, 30 minute counseling appointments to assist in developing your educational plan
- 8 Desktop Computers at your disposal for School or personal needs.
- Complimentary printing (black &white and color) for veterans and document scanner ability
- Lounge for relaxation between classes
- A kitchenette with fridge & Microwave to heat up your lunches or keep them cold
- Complimentary Coffee & refreshments
- A study area for tutoring, studying, or reading
- Information board & pamphlets: jobs, classified, and community veteran activities
- VRC Book Loan program
Counseling Hours: Fall 2018
- Monday: 10:15 AM - 12:45 PM with Ashley Lajoie
- Tuesday: 10:15 AM - 12:45 PM with Cassandra Cowen
- Wednesday: 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM with Cassandra Cowen
- NOTICE: Counseling hours are subject to change without needed reason please be mindful of this when requesting appointments.
- Counseling Services are housed in the Veterans Resource Center and the Counseling Department in Fountain Hall. For assistance, please contact the Veterans Resource Center at (805) 553-4106 or the Counseling Department at (805) 378-1428.
- Johnny Conley, Director of Student Equity & BSSOT; Adjunct Veterans Counselor
- Kathleen Downes, Certifying Official
For More Information and Important Links:
- For information and forms regarding eligibility, application for benefits, enrollment verifications, and frequently asked questions, please visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website at www.gibill.va.gov
- 6 Ways to Maximize Your GI Bill Benefits is a great resource for those attempting to use the GI Bill to fund their education: https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/maximize-gi-bill-benefits/
- California Department of Veterans Affairs: https://www.calvet.ca.gov/
- Verify your attendance for Montgomery GI Bill®(Chapter 30): https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
- National Resource Directory, Wounded Warriors, vets, and caregivers: www.NationalResourceDirectory.gov
- VA Benefits Online Application: https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/
- Joint Service Transcripts also referred to a "JST" SMART, ACE, AARTS Transcript Requests: https://jst.doded.mil
- Air Force (CCAF) Transcript Requests: http://www.au.af.mil/au/barnes/ccaf/transcripts.asp