Moorpark College is committed to helping you achieve your academic success. We have developed our orientation program to provide you with an introduction and the necessary tools to get you started.
This orientation is considered a student’s first counseling contact. Please allow at least one hour to effectively complete this orientation.
- Complete an Application for Admission. When your acceptance email arrives at the account you applied with you will get your student ID number and link to set up the student portal.
- Create your My.VCCCD.edu student portal account by following the link in the acceptance email. If the link has expired email email@example.com with a request for a new live link.
- Follow the Self-Placement Guides for math & English. In My.VCCCD.edu on the Register/Pay tab you will find the link Guided Self-Placement.
- Access current Moorpark College Catalog which contains general information about the college, policies, course descriptions, and contact information. You may purchase the catalog at the Bookstore or access online.
- Students will have the option to speak with an Express counselor after completing the orientation. Express Counseling has been developed to address students’ quick questions.
- For students starting in Fall/Spring semesters, counseling appointments will be available to new students after the third week of the semester.
- For students starting in the Summer session, counseling appointments will be available after the third week of the Fall semester.
Online Orientation - LET'S GO!