Moorpark College Mission
Moorpark College’s student-first philosophy embraces equity, social justice, anti-racism, and intersectionality. We empower learners from local, national, and global backgrounds to achieve their certificate, associate and baccalaureate degree, and transfer and career education goals. Through the integration of innovative instruction and holistic student support, our programs are designed to foster equitable student outcomes.
Moorpark College will transform lives by creating a caring, safe, and equitable environment that fosters a love for learning and encourages the college community to realize their academic and career goals.
Moorpark College faculty, staff, and administration value students, above all else, and are committed to making decisions and taking actions in alignment with the following core values.
- Excellence: We provide access to an exceptional education and all- encompassing support to enable students to better identify and achieve their educational and career goals. We are committed to continuous improvement to help our college community reach its full potential.
- Community: We empower all students to feel included and connected within our college community through civic engagement and local and industry partnerships.
- Creativity: We encourage and support new ideas, creative expression, and innovative problem solving.
- Integrity: We commit ourselves to act ethically and honestly in all our college and community interactions.
- Collegiality: We thrive on an inclusive and respectful caring college culture that engages in civil discourse, celebrates diversity, and is built upon a foundation of shared governance.
- Social Justice & Equity: We embrace and value the varied experiences that each member of our community brings to the college and respect the intersecting identity of each individual. We actively work to ensure that all learners can access and participate in a safe, meaningful, engaging, and challenging learning environment.
- Anti-racism: We affirm our commitment to recognizing, addressing, and eradicating all forms of institutional and systemic racism and ethnic oppression. We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment of anti-racism and identifying resources and opportunities to advance this work.