Monday, February 24, 2020 - 12:00pm
- Wednesday February 5 - 10am-12pm - Campus Center Conference Room
- Film - I am Not Your Negro
90 minute Documentary based on James Baldwin’s unfinished work.
Tamarra Coleman, English professor - 30 minute discussion after the film
- February 7 – 21 (TWO WEEKS ) - Library - Main Floor display
- African American Service men and women
- Tuesday February 11 - 1pm-2:15pm - AC-206
- Special Speaker - Dr. Jasmin Young, UCLA
The Black Power Movement and its impact today
- Thursday February 20 - 12pm-1pm - Campus Center Conference Room
- Lecture - Black Identity and Leadership
Julius Sokenu, Moorpark College President
- Monday February 24 - 12pm-1pm - Campus Center Conference Room
- Lecture - The Nickel Boys: a novel by Colson Whitehead
David Birchman, English professor
- Tuesday February 25 - 10am-2pm - QUAD
- Black Family Reunion. Main Event - Don't Miss the Fun!
All are invited to this cultural experience!
Music, BBQ and games!
- Wednesday February 26 - 4pm-6pm - FORUM
- Film - Claudine
1974 fictional film that depicts the challenges of Black domestic life.
Lauren Snowden, Film Studies professor