INTERNSHIP INFORMATION FOR SPRING 2019:
If you are interested in an Internship for future semesters, please visit the CTC and speak with a representative for more information.
Please read through the following information and follow the listed step to complete the "Course Agreement" linked below.
Here is what an internship can do for you...
- Allow you to explore careers…try out a discipline or two.
- An internship is a good opportunity for students to learn new skills and gain practical experience in the workplace.
- The focus of an internship is to perform work-related tasks and projects related to your major or occupational goal.
- Improve your college performance…classroom curriculum can be more meaningful when it relates to your internship
- Provide employment advantages…you will have business references and contacts; you might earn a higher salary since you will already have job experience; and sometimes an internship can lead to a job!
- Give you a head start into your field…pre-existing work experience can set you apart from other recent grads in the competitive job market.
- There are paid and unpaid internships, both potentially providing you the opportunity to earn college credit. For information on the internship process, please visit the Career Transfer Center in Fountain Hall 110.
Who is involved in the student internship program?
- Student Intern - Learner
- Worksite Supervisor – Site supervisor and mentor
- Faculty Advisor – Campus advisor
- Instructor of Record & Work Experience Coordinator (Career Transfer Center) – Administrators
- You must have declared a major or internship discipline at Moorpark College
- You must be in good academic standing by having a GPA of 2.0 or above
- You must have taken or be taking at least one course in the major or career field at Moorpark College
Steps to Enrolling in an Internship Course
- Secure an internship with an employer either independently or with the assistance of the Career Transfer Center, instructors, or other campus networks.
- Complete an Internship Course Agreement so we can review by the deadline for approval. Please be sure to check with front desk to ensure we received your information
- When you submit your Internship Course Agreement, register for a MANDATORY Internship Course Orientation in the Career Transfer Center (dates and times are below)
- Attend the MANDATORY Internship Course Orientation that you registered for - you will receive your class syllabus
- Upon completion of the mandatory orientation, a CRN to enroll in an internship course will be emailed to your "my.vcccd.edu" email
- Enroll in the internship course and pay tuition for the internship course immediately to secure your spot
If you are not able to find an internship opportunity trough the resources available please fill out the Internship Request Form and we will help you look for one.
- You receive 1 credit for 60 hours of an unpaid internship or 1 credit for 75 hours of a paid internship
- You may earn up to 4 credits per semester
- You may earn up to 16 credits total
- Internships are graded and count towards your degree, certificate, or award
- Internships count as elective credits for CSU institutions
- Secure an internship
- Attend an Internship Course Orientation
- Complete all required course paperwork
- Complete all required course assignments including capstone project
- You must meet with your Faculty Advisor (who is assigned to you) at least two times during your internship to discuss your progress
- You must schedule a mid-internship site visit with your Faculty Advisor and Worksite Supervisor
- Submit all required paperwork and assignments by semester deadlines to the Career Transfer Center
SPRING 2019 INTERNSHIP ORIENTATIONS **REQUIRED**
**INTERNSHIP COURSE AGREEMENTS FOR THE SPRING 2019 M80 COURSE ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED**
DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2019 (No Exceptions): Students must be able to attend the last MANDATORY course orientation on Monday, February 4 from 10:00AM - 11:00AM
PLEASE NOTE: THIS INFORMATION IS NOT YET FINALIZED.
The following days are available to RSVP for a Spring Internship Orientation. Dates and times are subject to change. You must RSVP in person at the Career Transfer Center (FH 110).
|Monday||1/14||10:00 AM - 11:00 AM||FH 117|
|Tuesday||1/15||2:00 PM - 3:00 PM||FH 117|
|Wednesday||1/16||12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||FH 117|
|Thursday||1/17||4:00 PM - 5:00 PM||FH 117|
|Friday||1/18||11:00 AM - 12:00 PM||FH 117|
|Tuesday||1/22||2:00 PM - 3:00 PM||FH 117|
|Wednesday||1/23||12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||FH 117|
|Thursday||1/24||4:00 PM - 5:00 PM||FH 117|
|Monday||1/28||10:00 AM - 11:00 PM||FH 117|
|Tuesday||1/29||2:00 PM - 3:00 PM||FH 117|
|Wednesday||1/30||12:00 PM 1:00 PM||FH 117|
|Thursday||1/31||4:00 PM - 5:00 PM||FH 117|
|Monday||2/4||10:00 AM - 11:00 AM||FH 117|
If you have questions, visit the Career Transfer Center in Fountain Hall 110 or call (805) 378-1536 to make an appointment.
Moorpark College is committed to providing equal opportunities to students, employees and the public regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or veteran status.